Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 6:55:15 AM EDT
I want to pic up some head space gauges for my 7.62 and 5.45 AK's.  I have heard that 5.45 is hard to get and unreliable in thier sizes.  I've also heard the forester 7.62x39 gauges are out of spec.

SO... where do I look??????  I already tried emailing Izhmash and got no responce.  I suppose I could try Tula or maybe Polyani?

Thanks,

Brick
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks but I'd still like to hear more.  Here is some advice I got from some other friends.

All I know is that the Manson ones I got from Brownell's a few weeks back
are WAY off. Tried them in three IZHMASH AK-47s, and two AKMs along with
two spare Polish AKM bolts I have, and no combo will come close to
closing on a Manson GO gauge.

I have heard that my Manson 5.45 gauge is off too...but my Clymer 7.62X39 seems to be fine.

Brick

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have any links to the specs?  At least I could measure them then.

Brick
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have them handy, but the lady at Mansons Reamers can give them to you on the phone....or I can bring them to B-fest.

www.mansonreamers.com/
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, thanks guys.  I guess I'll have to bite the bullet so to speak and get in touch with manson.

Brick
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top