Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:41:41 AM EDT
Need a bit of help here guys.. My post AWB build is going to be a Russian AK-74M clone. So far I have a Bulgarian AK-74 parts kit, Russian AK-74M furniture set with trunion kit, Russian modern AK sling, EKP-1S-03M Kobra and plan on picking up a OOW receiver. Here is a list I have come up with of things I still need to duplicate the Russian AK-74M as close as possible. Let me know if I am missing anything or if you know where I might get some of the items. Going to e-mail Tantal in a bit and see what he has in stock. Thanks in advance...Josh

1. Russian AK-74M optics mount
2. Russian receiver/pistol grip reinforcement plate
3. Russian AK-74 cleaning kit
4. Russian current issue oiler bottle
5. Russian AK-74M drop case
6. Russian current AK-74 mag pouch
7. Russian AK-74M leaf sight
8. Russian AK-74M muzzel brake
9. Russian AK-74M receiver top cover (non-ribbed)
10. Russian type 3 black bayonet
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
That would probably do it...Tantal is the place to start...We'll need a pic when ya git er done..
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i think you are forgetting a gp25 grenade launcher!

O'ya...lol...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#4]
+1
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#5]
There needs to be a GP25 flare launcher...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#6]
GP-30 is a little newer and more appropriate, although they are already switching to a new launcher in small quantities...

Anyways, one other feature to make sure you do is the punch welded barrel parts, not the pinned style... of course welding and hiding the pins and then ball end end milling the dimples in is probably the fastest way to get the look.

Good luck on the black Izhmash bayonet....there are not many of these floating around...
maybe you can find a Russian SVD owner that is willing to part with his... I thnk the 100 KBI guns came with them. OTher than that, you are stuck with a Plum one or a black Bulgarian.
Also note that dark plum Izmash mags are correct for AK-74M, the newer black mags are of course OK too, but those are very rare as well.

-C
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Anyways, one other feature to make sure you do is the punch welded barrel parts, not the pinned style... of course welding and hiding the pins and then ball end end milling the dimples in is probably the fastest way to get the look.

Odds are I will skip that part of it... unless Rapid Fire can do that and it wont break the bank...

On the bayonet, as long as it is accurate for the 74M.. about what are they going for?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
1p29 is the scope that belongs on there, a good partner for your EKP when you want some longer distance shooting practice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the 1P29 is a little outdated actually.  I don't thing the Russians use optics on there AKs much, despite the amount of "Russian Military" scope types we see for sale.  Nonetheless I would go with a Kobra.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top