Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 11:11:32 AM EDT
Okay, I had an SAR-1 and was not very happy with it at all (canted FSB,Terrible finish, etc.) So I sold it and of course now I want another one. '

This time I have done a little more research and have a good Idea of what I want. First I want it to have a very nice finish, perhaps this is the most important to me. I like the finish on the norinco's and poly's.

I also would like it to be a milled version ak-47 with an underfolder. Something as close as possible to a Russian Ak.

I also DO NOT want the scope mount on the side, that was another thing that drove me crazy on the SAR-1.

May even consider the ak-74 but I dont know much about them and if someone wants to try and talk me into one go ahead.

Please let me know what you think, as well as prices and the best places to find them. I live in Ohio and may consider going to Ohio Rapid Fire and seeing what they have.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Polish.That would be nice, with a last name like Sokolowski take a guess as to what my heritage is? LOL. Yes I am near cleveland (west-side /North olmsted) but Sunday would be out of the question due to the fact that I have to work. But I will be going to the Medina Gun show, I believe it is this weekend around 12:30. If you want to meet up then to show off your piece I could do that. P.S. doesn't ORF usually have a booth there? I can't remember.

Also, it doesnt have to be milled I just want a really nice finish, I have been looking at Norinco Mak-90's. I read some good stuff about them using thicker receivers(1.5mm), my only question is can I replace that stupid looking stock with the correct look with pistol grip?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top