Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 3:49:33 PM EDT
As some of you may know, the Tapco G2 was a complete disaster in my Romanian AK-47 SAR-1. With the G2, I experienced everything that could possibly go wrong with a trigger group.

I would like to find a trigger group to replace my stock Century trigger group. I am not interested in Red Star Arms (RSA). And obviously, please don't even dare to mention Tapco.

I was looking into a K-Var trigger group but unfortunately it seems they are out of stock on the K-Var website. Does anyone know where I can buy a K-Var trigger group some place else?

Any other U.S. made AK trigger groups or parts?

Also, would my SAR-1 (completely stock at this point) be legal if I put a foreign trigger group in? I'm talking about that 10-part compliance rule.

Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
*bump*
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No it would not be legal if you put a foreign FCG in it.

Unless someone can suggest another U.S. made trigger group, I'm stuck with my Century.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, I recommended it in one of the 5 threads you started concerning this.  You said you didn't want a Red Star Arms FCG but it is the only one you are going to be happy with.  Either that or take the time to cut the tab off the disconnector of the Century FCG if you have slap and correctly polish it.

I don't care about slap. I care about double-firing. The Century does it 1/200 rounds due to improper disconnector and trigger sear engagement margins. The Tapco G2 does it 100% of the time, is rough, and doesn't reset (crap in general).

RSA may be cool for competitions but I'm not looking for that. I want a no-frills (as in, no messing with screws and locktite) trigger group that WORKS 100% of the time. I don't care if it is single stage or double stage. I don't even care if it is neon pink. I just want a functional trigger group.

Tapco failed me in that regard.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know anything about FSE trigger groups? Apparently they are U.S. made.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top