Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2006 7:45:09 PM EDT
I can reassemble it all fine EXCEPT for one small part....  The lever on the rear sight block that you click up to unlock the gas cylinder.  I can't figure out how to get it back down.  I can put the gas cylinder back in, but the lever stays up, I can keep the lever down, but the gas cylinder won't click back into place!  I have tried forcing the lever down once the cylinder/top handgaurd are locked in, but it doesn’t budge with a significant amount of force, which leads me to believe that that is not the proper way to do it.  I don't want to break anything so any info would be appreciated, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The gas tube fits into a slot in the rear sight base. In this position the drum can rotate and lock it down. It will be parallel to the barrel when completely down.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I try locking it in once I put the gas tube in, but it won't budge!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
GP-WASR 10/63 ??

If Yes, the rough black paint on the gas tube needed a little polishing. (the sloping part of the tube)
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Before I broke my WASR in, it did this a lot. Just use the head of a screwdriver and tap it into place with a hammer if you need to. Or a little oil around the lever will help.

Once the gas-tube assembly is seated, the lever should be sticking straight up, and needs to be forced counter-clockwise towards the receiver until it pops into place.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
this would not be a bulgarian would it?

you really need to beat the handguard back in for it to set all the way in sometimes. then you can use the small lever to lock it in place
Link Posted: 8/27/2006 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I  AGREE  WITH TacticalOpsAR   SOMTIMES  THE   UPPER  HANDGUARD /GAS  TUBE  NEEDS  TO   BE  BUMPED  DOWN  IN  PLACE     I  USE  THE  PALM  OF  MY   LEFT  HAND   TO    FORCE   IT  IN   PLACE.   ALL MINE   SNAP   RIGHT  IN   WITH A VERY   LIGHT    BUMP
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top