Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/3/2005 12:42:15 PM EDT
Kello all. I am considering buying some of the AK kits and squirreling them away now that the barrel ban is in effect. Problem is I know nothing about AKs. Kit prices seem to vary considerable. In a nut shell can someone explain the differences (i.e. tantal, krinkov, yugo, amd65, etc). Thanks to everyone.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Kello all. I am considering buying some of the AK kits and squirreling them away now that the barrel ban is in effect. Problem is I know nothing about AKs. Kit prices seem to vary considerable. In a nut shell can someone explain the differences (i.e. tantal, krinkov, yugo, amd65, etc). Thanks to everyone.

The main difference is if you can get them or not.  Go for some Romys, that's about all you should be able to find in good shape (for a good price).  AMD-65s are my favorite, but they're gone for the most part.  Supply is really starting to tighten, I'm wondering when everyone is going to jump off this sinking ship.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
But if I can get a Krinkov or Tantal should I spend the extra dollars for it?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have lots of kits, waiting to be built,  some of the AMD-65 are nice , some suck, the AMD-63 kits were very nice , but very rare now.  The polish akms kits that Acron armory has right now are beautiful, and great quality, but are 230.00, the yugo krinkovs(m-92) he has are the most beautiful kits I've ever seen, and are truly, brand new , never issued, ( not sure mine has ever been shot, not one spot of powder or dirt on the inside , and 1 small mark on the hammer, like dry-fired), but at 470.00 they are expensive.  I have to agree with those above, if you are going to put away several kits ( for a rainy day) Military Romanian AIM kits are a steal at 80-100 dollars.  I own 5 right now and thinking of 2 more ( just in case ) .  and they can be built into clones of most AKM rifles without too much trouble. all 5 are 85-95% origional finish , matching # and great barrels, And I got them from 2 different sellers....... just my 2 cents....... good luck...............Dave    
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top