Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/8/2006 12:09:53 PM EDT
I found a tutorial for removing the FCG, but the very first step doesn't work on my Maadi:

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fcgremoval.htm

After field stripping the rifle I pulled the trigger, then released it. Next I am supposed to rotate the selector up over the receiver - but I can't. It almost immediately catches against the disconnector, and pulling the trigger does nothing to help the selector move up further.

It appears that there is no way to rotate the selector forward, and at this point it's only barely past where it normally is when set to 'safe'.

Here is a photo - the lever needs to swing upward, but is blocked by the disconnector which doesn't move, even when the trigger is depressed. If it doesn't move, the selector can't swing any further up and can't be taken out:
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
This is very common. Just skip that step. Move on to the next step and remove the selector once the trigger/disconnector is removed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
As soon as I saw this post, before reading it, I said "bet he has a Maddi".

I have two.  Maddi's are odd in that one needs to take out the trigger group BEFORE removing the safety lever.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If your careful you can just rotate it backwards past the trigger guard and rivets ...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Apply some teflon bearing grease to the back of the disconnector - I had the same problem, I think I wacked my saftey up with a rubber mallet, tap by tap.

If you experiment with pressing trigger, pressing different parts you can get the d/c in the most optimal position for the most clearance.

My Maadi has the G2 set, now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all of you guys for the advice, this AK newbie appreciates it.

I was able to leave the safety selector in place and get everything taken out without removing it.

The new G2 FCG went in easily, even the dreaded 'shepherds hook'  part. I notice that with the G2 there is no problem removing the safety selector. I'll hopefully get to try it at the range tomorrow, the trigger pull is lighter & less gritty feeling.

Now I should be fine for using any mags, regardless of origin. I have US made buttstock, grip, handguards, trigger, disconnector, & hammer. My existing 30 rnd mags have US made floorplates and followers, but no longer a neccesity.

Thanks again!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top