Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 7:43:06 AM EDT
I recently purchased from two different sources what were described as being complete AK underfolder kits.

The first kit, Romanian, did not have the three pins that are used to put together the folding stock components. These pins are about .78 inches long and .118 inches in diameter.

The second kit, Polish, did not have one of the the three pins nor did it have the plunger component of the stock assembly.

I have written to the two vendors asking if they will supply the missing parts.

Assuming the worst - that they can't supply the missing parts - where can I get these short of buying complete stock assemblies. I have gone through the web sites for the well known AK parts supplies such as Tapco, JoeKen, KV, Kr, GT (I'm not sure that I am supposed to name non-sponsors) and have come up blank. I looked at the web site of Numrich which sells guns parts down to the pin but they don't show underfolder stock parts.

Any suggestions on what my next step should be? Are these parts easy to build in a shop, and who would do this?

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I know we all love the ease of email and searching sites ourselves, but just imagine the telephone as a search tool. What I would do is call GT and ask for the specific parts. They might just actually have them in stock....I was missing some of the exact pins and they just sent them to me. Now I did buy the parts kits from them but a few bucks and a "needy" voice might just work.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:40:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't help  with the pins, but I might be able to help with the plunger, if it's the same thing I am thinking it is. I "lost the same items a few months ago, and was able to secure the parts from global for $8. After finishing the underfolder installation, I found the "plunger". If we are talking about the same item, you can have it for $8, I'll pay shipping.

OJF
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top