Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 5:42:47 PM EDT
I had to return some items and I used my credi to get some mags for the Romak-3.

I got them today.

The magazine floorplates have (1) small spot weld attaching them to the magazine body on each side.

Any idea why????
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I had to return some items and I used my credi to get some mags for the Romak-3.

I got them today.

The magazine floorplates have (1) small spot weld attaching them to the magazine body on each side.

Any idea why????

The floorplates can come off rather easily. In fact, the first mag I unpacked from an original Romy grease bag ejaculated when I was wiping off the excess grease. Floorplate shot off like it was designed by PeeWee Herman.

The 10rnd and 5rnd mags that came with my PSL (from IO) were both welded. The four 10rnd mags I bought from K-Var were not, and were packed in the original grease bag.

Perhaps IO is welding them because they can come apart so easily???

This makes any future maintenance difficult for the IO mags, but on the plus side, I have never had any feeding probs with either mag. Cannot say the same about the other PSL mags I've owned.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

I called I/O today and their answer as to why the magazines are welded.

"I have no idea"...   Uh... Okay.

If they are being spot welded because they fall apart... I'd rather they  had left them unwelded.

I would rather have had the chance to find a solution myself (if they needed to be fixed at all).

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top