Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/22/2011 6:58:53 PM EDT
If so, what do you recommend and do you have any pictures?
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:35:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2011 3:36:22 AM EDT by B2Tall]
Originally Posted By Macadore:
If so, what do you recommend and do you have any pictures?

I have mine zeroed at 20ft because I use it as part of my home defense rotation. The laser/light combo is a generic that works well.

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz121/B2Tall/Draco009.jpg
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 7:30:42 AM EDT
Thanks for the reply. I like your setup. How long have you had the laser and how much abuse has it had? I ask because I bought a cheap laser several years ago. After a move, it started throwing a 6 inch dot at 10 feet. That's obviously unacceptable.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 8:45:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2011 8:46:16 AM EDT by B2Tall]
Thanks for the reply. I like your setup. How long have you had the laser and how much abuse has it had? I ask because I bought a cheap laser several years ago. After a move, it started throwing a 6 inch dot at 10 feet. That's obviously unacceptable.

Had it for more than a year. The durability seems to be pretty good. It used to be mounted on my .45 where it endured probably close to 1k rounds without a problem. I've put a couple of hundred rounds through the Draco with it on there as well. Here's a link to one that's pretty much identical to mine:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=758739
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 8:56:58 AM EDT

6" at 10'?!?!?! Sounds more like a red flashlight than a laser...
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:38:40 PM EDT
Thanks B2Tall.

Madman, it's worthless for anything but a dog toy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:05:31 PM EDT
b2tall, are you still able to get your hand behind the laser? I was thinking of one but wasn't sure there would be enough room.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:42:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By agriebel:
b2tall, are you still able to get your hand behind the laser? I was thinking of one but wasn't sure there would be enough room.

No problem, and I have large hands.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:40:09 PM EDT
hey B2Tall what forend setup is that?? i like the bottom rail with the cover ups..........can i get that info for those?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:46:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bryman:
hey B2Tall what forend setup is that?? i like the bottom rail with the cover ups..........can i get that info for those?

Midwest Industries. I got it for $110. Shop around because the prices vary big-time. I got mine from Area51Tactical.com. The rail covers are leftovers that I had laying around in my spare parts box. You can get those just about anywhere.

I pretty much copied my setup from member "Stomp" who posted his build on this site. My 2nd Draco is almost done. It's gonna be a more traditional look.

Top Top