Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 12:35:56 PM EDT
I have seen them both on their webside and in magazines and wonder if these ar e the real deal or what?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
tag, curious too
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I will let someone else be the guinea pig.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
1. I bet they are real. A year or two ago their were tons of Russian AK parts kits in the country, The Sportsmans Guide was selling them for $150 each and, having seen the markings on the rifle, they were real Russian Izzy kits. I wish I had bought one, now just the mags alone are costing $40 and up!

2. I have no clue as to quality. I have read awesome things and horrible things.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
friggin double tap.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve actually purchased ‘limited production’ German Ak-47 with “folding Stock” about a year ago.
First I thought.. hey Germans didn’t use underfolding stock but Joeken said it’s awesome quality and sort of hybrid (haha).

Anyway, when I got the rifle oh boy… paint just rubbed right off using “oil” yes gun oil not solvent! I could strip the whole receiver if I wanted to using yes your gun oil.  When I’ve tried to dry cycle the gun, the carrier seemed too tight and wouldn’t move properly.  I could not close the dust cover after it literally popped out with loud cracking sound! (haha never heard anything like this either)
I had rifle less than 3hrs... gave up and called to return it.  It was total “JOeKE~n.”
You’ve been warned.

BTW, they probably don't have any in stock.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a hijack and I don't want to defend Joeken, but....

I built a Romanian kit on a Ewbanks receiver a couple of weeks ago.  The finish is just as you described. Now on a bare receiver, I don't mind.  I intend to refinish it anyway.  But I can understand being pissed on a complete gun.

Anyway, when I first tried to fit the bolt carrier, it was a really tough fit and I ended up gashing a finger pretty good getting it off.  My mentor advised me that it was common for a really tight fit at first.  We did a very light sanding of the upper rail and the carrier slid on much easier.  Since then, I just cycled the bolt a bit (ok, I'm a nut case.  I probably cycled the bolt 100 times just for fun) and it has smoothed up very nicely.  That is about my limit on defending their product.  On a finished gun, its unacceptable, as is a receiver cover that self-disassembles.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]
My AKM is a Joeken gun I bought at a gun show. Romy parts with all black poly furniture like they have on their site. Nice clean basic AKM.
There's a bit of finish wear on some of the sharp edges now. But it shoots great and runs any ammo type of ammo well. I've had alot of fun with it at the range. So he does build some good ones too.

Anyone else notice that Romy drums are selling at a number of vendors for just $79? They've come down a bit. I ordered one yesterday just to play with.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
HCC,

I saw that ad and was really thinking hard about taking a chance.  I want a Russian AKM bad!  However, I just can't deal with a company that has so many negative issues.

Bud
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw a Rommy Joeken build at a gun show, less than $400. The distributor had put plenty of Hoppes gun oil on it to protect the gun during rough handling by potential buyers (handling it, shaking it, messing with the bolt etc) and that gun looked darn nice. No rattle, nice finish, great barrel and foreward pistol grip, and only $60 more than a WASR... plus, it has the original red Romanian pistol grip- legal since the reciever is US made and counts as the other US part. I would have bought it if I didnt find my Polytech.

Joeken is a cool guy, just has trouble because there are so many buyers. But, as anyone knows, a good Polytech can't be passed up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know about their builds but their new receivers are just fine. Need a litttle tweaking, just like I've had to do with EVERY DCI and Global receiver I've built on so far.

P.S.

I'm not Joe or Ken............
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like Joe had to fire and hire a whole new crew or something recently.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Actually, I've 5 receivers from them and they're darn good receivers.
I think they had quality issues back in days but I see them also trying to improve things... and that's good.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#15]
the latter built russain akm builds few of them that is where built on the gen-2 reciver
at least mine was it is all mathing  but it did hurt my wallet ive run abought 600 rounds
throgh it and know problems yet  so it is hit and miss
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have seen them both on their webside and in magazines and wonder if these ar e the real deal or what?

Don't do it,  Wipe the thought out of your mind.

If you do business with them, knowing that they are Dirtbags and you get burned........

Then  you have been owned !

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#17]

and who could forget this fiasco?
http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=251353
CC# stolen by his website designer
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

and who could forget this fiasco?
http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=251353
CC# stolen by his website designer

Yeah, but the guy was arrested.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]
If you want a Ewbanks Receiver, wait until DPH has them back in stock, he won't take you money and say "sorry, out of stock, call back iin a few weeks.....".

Scott doesn't have them listed now and he is in the next town over from Jokers.

Think about it.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Hey that applies to Botach Tactical!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#21]
My biggest question is are they truly made from real Russian kits?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#22]
If they are 7.62x39mm, they are 99% prob. real kits. I wouldn't doubt that as they were everywhere when he started advertising them in SGN.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Going back to the original subject..I have a "couple" RUSSIAN kits from Brad Paul..the original importer(Hesse) of all these kits. Yes Hesse was the importer all.

Here's one of my 1977 kits/all #'s match on this pup>
http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/160661977russian01-med.jpg

All my Russian kits are all matching #'s.

JoeKen got the left-overs from what I heard.

FYI.. JoeKen has done good for me on trades/purchases in the past on other items.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Going back to the original subject..I have a "couple" RUSSIAN kits from Brad Paul..the original importer(Hesse) of all these kits. Yes Hesse was the importer all.

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/160661977russian01-med.jpg

FYI.. JoeKen has done good for me on trades/purchases in the past on other items.

Beautiful!

Get a US FCG, piston, reciever and muzzle break... so you can keep the Russian pistol grip.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/160661977russian01-med.jpg

Beautiful!

Get a US FCG, piston, reciever and muzzle break... so you can keep the Russian pistol grip.

I have a couple Hungarian FEG receivers for the builds...USA-Made floorplates and followers will take up the slack. ht build up one of my Russian kits but not 2+ ..lol.
I'm not stupid.
here
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top