Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2005 10:49:30 PM EDT
I am thinking about buying an underfolder from them. . . . .any thoughts??
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A few positives mostly negatives.  30/70 majority negative.  Look at who did the build not who is selling it.  If you see vulcan or RedJacket run, their are more on the unofficial shitlist those are just the ones tyhat are most obvious.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought redjacket was supposed to be good? Ive never heard bad things about them...correct me if im wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, everything I've heard about Red Jacket is good, too...

And, actually, so was MGS - they're a dealer here on arfcom, and I don't think they would have lasted that long here if they had that high of a complaint rate...

Mattl:  You got any links to back that up?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah, everything I've heard about Red Jacket is good, too...

And, actually, so was MGS - they're a dealer here on arfcom, and I don't think they would have lasted that long here if they had that high of a complaint rate...

Mattl:  You got any links to back that up?

I think this thread is what is giving the bad rep of late.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=76704
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]
There were some pics of a folder posted on the EE with crappy rivets, and jagged cuts for the folder latch. It probably functioned, just not top quality work. Then the latest is the OOW receivers not being cut before building, so the dust cover wont stay on when mounted properly. They use elite firearms for some of their builds, and those guys have earned themselves a pretty bad reputation as well.

I've heard mostly good things about red jacket, but there have been a few problems, namely a thread i saw on gunsnet about a guys krink being all messed up. The owner of red jacket posted and said he'd make it right, dunno what happened.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm sorry Hootbro...but that is totally incorrect.

I live in the same town as MSG and I can personally attest, as I have done here for quite some time, that these people are to be avoided at all costs.

NO ONE has given these people more chances than I.

They'll lie to you even when the truth sounds better.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm sorry Hootbro...but that is totally incorrect.

I live in the same town as MSG and I can personally attest, as I have done here for quite some time, that these people are to be avoided at all costs.

NO ONE has given these people more chances than I.

They'll lie to you even when the truth sounds better.....

My post was for what is currently on the radar.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]

My post was for what is currently on the radar.

10-4 brother..
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top