Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/7/2003 1:11:51 PM EDT
OK: Everone knows that bump-firing not only is a perfectly effective method for wasting large amounts of ammo in a short amount of time, it is also highly addictive.
The thing is that when I do bump off the occasional 30 rounder, my upper handguard tends to twist around in its bracket so that the edge is firmly wedged up against the barrel.
This condition being an entirely unnatural state of being for my handguard, it promptly attempts to convert itself into charcoal.(That being also an entirely unnatural state of being for any self-respecting handguard).
Anyone here ever have  have that happen?
Is there a fix that can be preformed on the part, or do I have to replace the entire thing with an aftermarket?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Just take the upper HG off of the gas tube and bend the little clip that holds it on so its tighter. It should work!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Guys! Thanks for the info.
I bent the little clip in a bit like M4 suggested and cripes was it hard to get the wood back on! Wound up having to put the tube in a vice to hold it whilst I turned the guard back into position. Hopefully this will hold it where it is supposed to be while firing.
If not- I shall try what CAMPYBOB said to do.
Not that his suggestion was bad persay..its just that nasty metal-fatigue thing I want to avoid when I go to remove the wood again.
If I have to I will bend the bottom edges a bit,
but I hesitate to putz with a serial-numbered part that way if I can at all avoid it.
Thanks again, fellas!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the same thing happen to me. I did like they said and it seemed to help.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad I could help!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top