Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 8:15:38 PM EDT
Is there anyone that makes handguards identical this, same wood and color only for a AK-47?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You could alway's get these and refinish them ...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
so ak74 handguards will fit on an ak 47? so could you take something like this and dye them to look like these? if so, then what dye would you use? I thought i read somewhere about some red stain somewhere on here. where could i find the recipie for that?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Try some minwax sedona red 222. I just did my mak 90 and looks awesome.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]
as far as I'm concerned the Bulgarians uses Beech wood, if that's the case it'll be a real pain in the ass to get it to accept stain.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
as far as I'm concerned the Bulgarians uses Beech wood, if that's the case it'll be a real pain in the ass to get it to accept stain.

Use an Alcohol base stain ... (Analine dye) ... :)

ETA: or water base ... It opens the grain more ... thus accepting stain better ... then rub down w/0000 steel wool between coats of stain ...  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
rit dye scarlet,just did my romy stocks and they came out friggin mean as hell..
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
so ak74 handguards will fit on an ak 47?

As long as you put stamped hanguards on stamped rifles and milled hanguards on milled rifles, they work fine. I'm not sure how well the Romy ones can be made to look like the Russian ones, kinda depends on how well they were machined ...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top