Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/27/2002 2:07:57 PM EDT
K-VAR is out, and they don't know when they will be getting in more. I need the AK-167 part no. AK-74 Romanian FSB to complete my Campy Clone.

www.k-varcorp.com/frontsightblock.html

Dammit. I've been sitting on this project for too damn long. Now I want to finish it, and then this happens.

themao
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Dammit. If the great Mullah Campy doesn't know where else to get one, I'm stuck in the mud for awhile. Maybe I'll call up Krebs and GG-SAI to see if they have any lying around.

themao
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the whole FSB and MB set-up. Whats it worth to you?

**edited-
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested, check your e-mail!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Other options are Krebs in 5.45 and 7.62, and ak-103.com in 7.62; both are threaded muzzle nut adaptor style/brake sets, not chrome lined, but US parts (if that matters in your stage of the build).
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright. I IMed Mbsk01.

RS39: I want the threaded FSB, because I want it to look right and my current FSB is messed up anyway. More importantly, I want this set up to be chrome-lined according to mil-spec, as much as I like Krebs and AK-USA's fine muzzle brakes.

I have another question for you guys. On my SAR-2 right now, I replaced the stock set (pistol grip, buttstock and front grip) with a K-VAR American made stock. I plan on replacing the trigger (which is American made now if I understand correctly) with a Gordon Tech trigger. If I add this new foreign set of parts (FSB + muzzle brake) am I still legal, or do I need to add another American made part?

Good grief. These regulations are retarded. Hell, if the BATF wanted to create felons through arcane regulations, why don't they just use the SEC as a guide? I swear, at this rate, I may have to convert to Islam and join the Taliban.

themao
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
One more thing guys. I assume that a Bulgarian FSB cannot be used on a SAR-2? That would even be better than a Romanian one, since I could use a Bulgarian muzzle brake, which looks of better quality than the Romanian....at least in the pictures.

themao
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have another question for you guys. On my SAR-2 right now, I replaced the stock set (pistol grip, buttstock and front grip) with a K-VAR American made stock. I plan on replacing the trigger (which is American made now if I understand correctly) with a Gordon Tech trigger. If I add this new foreign set of parts (FSB + muzzle brake) am I still legal, or do I need to add another American made part?

You'll need 6 American parts with the Romanian brake.

You've got 7, IIRC

Hammer
Trigger
Disconnector
Stock
Pistol Grip
Handguards
Gas Piston

The standard SAR needs 5. I believ thatthe parts the CIA swaps are

Hammer
Trigger
Disconnector
Pistol grip
Gas Piston

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am in error.

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I concur with DC on the US parts that came with the SAR2.
Just don't lose sight of the rule about no more than 10 Furrin parts, and the need for 'how many' US parts makes some more sense.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I got an interesting Christmas gift today. My grandparents couldn't come over this past Wednesday because of the massive amount of snow we got around the St. Louis area. Anyway, my grandpa finally came over when I was here at the house today, and he gave me the parts I needed. Apparently, he took the list I had of parts some time back when he helped me install my K-VAR stock set. I feel like I cheated Mbsk01 some what, but what can I do, I got free AK parts and 5 more Bulgie black polymer magazines for Christmas!

Anyway, about the foreign parts thing. I have just added the muzzle brake and REPLACED the front sight block, so I guess I'm only adding one more foreign part. As I said before, I added a US made K-VAR stock set. So I think I'm legal, right? I know the bayonet lug needs to be sawed off.

themao
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:16:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Will the Bulgarian one fit on a SAR2?  I want to put a 74 brake on the SAR2.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top