Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 6:36:06 PM EDT
Shot a couple of new rifles today-a stock SAR-2 w/barnaul fmj and cheap mags and an FSE Krinkov fixed stock from RPB(minute of can accurate and not a stoppage from the first until the handguard was smoking) AND a recently built FN FAL w Imbel parts and receiver.  The FN was built by a professional who's now no longer in business.  I realize this isn't the FAL board and I should have gotten an AK instead, but can anyone recommend a good smith for this thing? It fails to strip rounds, usually won't go into battery, or eject fired or unfired rounds-ejecting an unfired round requires pushing the charging handle against a barricade.  Works fine if rounds are fed in one by one, but kinda expensive for a single shot. I can't trade it off until it's up to speed-
Thanks in advance for any ideas
Derek
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried to adjust the gas system?  It sounds like a gas problem.  I'd check headspace as well.  It could be on the tight side.  

Ross
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
99 to 1 its the gas block.  Mine did the same thing.  Even with the gas system fully closed it failed to cycle.  Mine was an Imbel m444 receiver built on an unused parts kit.  The gas block aparently was used and had a little crack in the bend.  

Down in fairfax, near the circle is a shop called All American Guns.  Its across the street from PJ. Skidoo's on Rt29.  They have a smith they use there that does in-fucking-credible work, though he takes his damn time doing it.  The shop is run by a guy named Randy and owned by a guy named Darren.  They are both usually there and can give you advice or suggestions about your problem.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Dere, first of all you have a "FAL" - not and FN FAL.  Knowing that will help you communicate with a smith.

If you don't find anyone in your area, I would send my FAL to Mike at Ohio Rapid Fire if I had problems.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top