Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:34:37 AM EDT
 If i buy the 8 oz bottle will it do 2 AK's?   Di i need some kind of special thinner?   what do you use for cleanup and airbruch flushing?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#2]
i think you got a pint or somthan

8oz will do 4-5 recs
1 full ak
might have alittle left over
and you might be alittle short
just depinds on how you spray

btw you should buy it by the gal
if you only need alittle buy a gal and sell what you dont use to local people
after you look at the prices you will see why i say that  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I take it  that you have'nt bought the guncoat yet.....
Well try Norrells...3 oz did a full AK...No mixing or thinning ...From the bottle to airbrush to oven...
I got three complete rifle out of an 8oz bottle...
www.johnnorrellarms.com/

And check this out too....
www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=82888
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I take it  that you have'nt bought the guncoat yet.....
Well try Norrells...3 oz did a full AK...No mixing or thinning ...From the bottle to airbrush to oven...
I got three complete rifle out of an 8oz bottle...
www.johnnorrellarms.com/

And check this out too....
www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=82888

Wow, you're much more efficient with it than I am.  I use a little more than 5 ounces to do one full AK, including all the screws, pins, etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditto - 1 gun. About. If you run lean.

Quarts, however, will do three very well.  With trigger groups, small parts, receiver-barrel group, 1 steel mag, I generally use 10 Oz. per gun. You don't get more than 3X paint - you are just using what you have to maximum efficiency.  Buy quarts.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot would depend on how guys apply it. I see some guys are using a small airbrush that would be very good at not wasting paint, and i see guys using what i would call an auto body touch up gun that would throw out a lot more overspray.  Overspray=waste.    I have both myself and plan on using the airbrush for barrels and internal parts like the inside of a reciever where i need a narrow spray pattern, and the touch up gun on the outside of the receiver and other large things like mags.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top