Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:34:02 PM EDT
I need a longer grip screw for my now "de-banned" MAK-90. The one that came in the butthole stock is too short. I was wondering if anyone knew if this one at Polytech Parts was the correct one (go to http://polytechparts.com and search for "Grip Connecting Screw", it is the 3rd item from the bottom)? If not, where can I get the correct one? Thanks!

Oh and here's a pic of me "de-banning" the MAK. Be gone evil tang! (better pics soon)

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean this one?

I'm pretty sure that's just a regular Screw that holds the grip in. Same as found on all grips for the AKs and variants.

Probably find some on the EE here if you look.

If I had one I'd give you it for free.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You mean this one?

www.polytechparts.com/hazel-doc/images/Cat7/70-00-19.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's just a regular Screw that holds the grip in. Same as found on all grips for the AKs and variants.

Probably find some on the EE here if you look.

If I had one I'd give you it for free.

I appreciate the offer Jake and you are right, it is just a regular one, but I only have the short one so I am not sure which one I need. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
the length is 100mm, about 4in.  you could get a short stud and union to make yours longer, it's a cheap fix to hold you over until you need more parts (better to wait and save $7 to $10 shipping).  the threads are 6x1 metric.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top