Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/28/2003 10:06:13 AM EDT
Ok this has been run through the mill..

But hey who knows maybe something new will come out of it.

Instead of light oil on my AK I have this dandy grease I get from work can Anderoil. It is about the consistency of honey. It lasts and it stays pretty clean and it repels powder residue pretty good..

Where in the other case oil...runs off and dries out and you tend to have to re-lube every once and a while.

Now I look at the AK design as a machine..With the loose tolerances and heavy mechanics..As compared to other rifles or an AR that has small parts tight fit..

The parts in the AK are large and robust and tend to need a heavier lube to protect them well. IMHO

Your opinions please..
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If you had good results using it then by all means...
I prefer using Militec-1 oil for my AK.

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#2]
very light oil.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Tetra Lube.

In the words of 300ydclean "Tetra Lube....for maximum lubricity."

firearmservice.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page23.html
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You're supposed to lube this thing? Oops...
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Stokes, Im about an hour north of ya. I thought I read where the intended lube was grease.Thats all Ive ever used.I use the Plastilube (USGI) grease.A light smear on all the sliding surfaces and bolt also,lugs and rotataing area.Its always did well for me. I just wipe it off and reply when I clean the rifles. But IMO you could get away with useing any grease. Some really like Valvoline synthetic and Slick 50 synthetic grease. I jsut have so much GI grease I never bought the other. Cheers WarDawg .
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Ain't nothing CLP can't handle, using it to clean the bore and clean/lube the boltcarrier assembly, rod and bolt.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#7]
well when i first read this post, i thought grease "wtf". but now that i think about it if it works for you go for it. most of my  shooting experince comes from my time in the army. i use clp on my ak's. please let us know
how it works for you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been using Miltec oil and grease with good results

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top