Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 8:17:05 PM EST
Very happy with the purchase, rifle came with two 20 rounders.

Thx for the advice on the canted sight the first one I looked at was off center. Finish is a little rough, the wood needs restaining and it just seems to absorb dirt. Now comes the inevitable questions can I put one of those wire looking side folders on it?
(I'm a die hard Ar guy and don't know a damn thing about Ak's)

Let's talk mags. On Aim’s website they advertise synthetic green mags how do guys think they would hold up in a SHTF type scenario? The only synthetic mags I have experience with are Orlites. And I just don't see
plastic type mags holding up or locking in tight for very long. What mags do you guys prefer?
If this sounds like a lot of babbling I'm sorry maybe just a little too excited!!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:54:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:33:44 PM EST
RPB Industries has 30-round Chinese mags in new-unissued condition for $6.95 a piece. Product # AK00001. Link: RPB

Chinese mags fit in my WASR while ribbed E. German mags don't. May only be a small matter of a little work with a file on the mag release lever but food for thought. IMHO Chinese mags have always looked the nicest.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:24:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By Scotter260:
RPB Industries has 30-round Chinese mags in new-unissued condition for $6.95 a piece. Product # AK00001. Link: RPB

Chinese mags fit in my WASR while ribbed E. German mags don't. May only be a small matter of a little work with a file on the mag release lever but food for thought. IMHO Chinese mags have always looked the nicest.

Good luck.

They are out of them, called about a week ago
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:42:16 PM EST
Thanks for the recommendations guys, I ordered ten of the waffle mags and the folding stock from K-var today!! You have to love mail order gun parts, but waiting for the big brown truck sucks!!!
Top Top