Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/20/2003 4:09:56 PM EDT
. . . and it's much better than I expected.  All parts have matching numbers with 80% finish remaining and an ABSOLUTELY PRISINE BORE :) It has the correct type III FSB and GB . . . all in all, I'm very pleased.  The finish is deep blue except the bolt carrier, which is in the white.  The only neg is the wood is only NRA good+ and some Russian gomer carved a number in the side of the buttstock, but what the hell - it adds historical charm.  The wood is all lam and the fat pistol grip is uncheckered.

I consider it to be $150 invested well . . . I can't wait to get it put together. I'm not going to do this one half way; I'm going to spend the $$$ and get it screwed together properly with matching serial numbers on the receiver.

Which smiths have Izsvesk stamp sets to properly remark the receiver?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Also try Mike at The Firing Line.  He makes US made Type 3 milled receivers, with the option for a screw in barrel rather than pinned, and does absolutely top notch work.

www.angelfire.com/ok3/firingline/
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:16:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry Campy, after the SAI threads I don't understand why you would even suggest such a thing!  I mean, Gary is not Satan, but I bet he has him on speed dial!  Mike at Fireingline is the good bet.  He is really good AND you will get your gun back.  A big plus in this business.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:22:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know where Northridge is getting their Russian / E. German AK-47 kits? Why can't we get Russian / E. German AKM / AK-74 kits..... blah.

Did anyone here get any of the E. German AK-47 kits Northridge had? I missed out on that deal, now they are out and don't know when they will get anymore in......

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#6]
N.R. doesn't have any 5.45 kts because the guns came out of Isreail from captured PLO weapons piles.....the timeline is too early...
BTW, I have a partial EG AK-47 kit at the wharehouse (and a few EG MPiKM barrel assys, and brand new bin EG parts too...)that I was putting together for someone, it ain't pretty, but I think I have a pic someplace if you want to see - email me if interested.
-C
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Sent you a email... I didnt know the Russian kits came from Israel. I assume the E.G. kits came from there as well?

I guess if the Russians kept captured German 98K's for some 55 years before surplusing them, the millions of 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen AK's they probably have stockpiled will continue to collect dust. I've heard so many stories about how they store obsolete military equipment for years and years.

I found this article tonight:
www.thebulletin.org/issues/1999/jf99/jf99renner.html

quote:
In one of the largest of these transfers, Germany gave Turkey 304,000 formerly East German Kalashnikovs and 106 million rounds of ammunition

gave them away ! ! !
Think of the $$ they could have made demilling the guns and selling the kits and ammo in the good ole U.S.A.

And I read articles about how the German Govt is short on money because of continuing reunification costs... blah
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting article.... although I got a 'slanted' vibe from it... to be expected I guess :)
Yes, EG kits came out of Isreal too. Germany sold many AKs to countries like Egypt, which in turn could have supplied any number of pro-Palastinian factions...
Mail back at ya in a minute.
-C
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
N.R. doesn't have any 5.45 kts because the guns came out of Isreail from captured PLO weapons piles.....the timeline is too early...
BTW, I have a partial EG AK-47 kit at the wharehouse (and a few EG MPiKM barrel assys, and brand new bin EG parts too...)that I was putting together for someone, it ain't pretty, but I think I have a pic someplace if you want to see - email me if interested.
-C

Got any other goodies in the wharehouse you want to part with?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Web site is currently under construction,
when I get back from RUssia, I will be putting more items and pics out there for the bossman.
I don't think he realizes the seriousness of putting up a web page these days, as I don't think he is ready for all the questions/shipping/emails etc... anyways,
for your receords, go here but DO NOT take these prices and products (at least AK stuff) for truth. This list was compiled a LONG time ago, and I need to update his descriptions and prices. The AK section is almost useless as far as I am concerned, but we'll get it workable here soon. www.omega-weapons-systems.com
-C
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#11]
chamberlin,

When are you going to Russia?  Could you pick me up a plum stock set and a laminated 74 and akm set?  Pleasssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Me too!  Me too!

I would kill for a real lam AK-74 stock set.

And a plum stockset.

And black folder.

And mags.

And web gear.

And bayonets.

And PARTS KITS.

And . . . well everything that's Russian and AK related hnikov
Do I have a problem, or what?!?

Disconnector
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#13]
No you guys don't have a problem, other than I have the exact same problem as you, and if I risk re-entering the USA with gun parts, I be keepin' em! However, I will be at or around Izhamsh for almost 10 days, so you never know what deals I can strike. The main focus however is digital data....yup, ones and zeros.
Lots of it. If we make it back alive, there will be a professionally done DVD for sale hopefully before 2004. It will be like nothing you have seen on the History channel or on TV.
-C
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, couldn't you just U.P.S. the stock set to me?  No re-entering the USA with any gun parts.  Plus they are from Poland anyways.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Chamberlin,

You are one lucky man!  

If you're taking requests for the data that yoiu are retrieving, we (at least I) would love to get a detailed look at how rifles are actually made at the plant.  Information about how they harden the recs would be a godsend also.

Also, it would be great for you to confirm that the Saiga's are made on the same machinery as the real Russian Century series rifles.

Some folks are just plain lucky . . . and if you want to UPS a stockset, I'd gladly pay.

Disconnector
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top