Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2006 12:00:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
No flame suit is good enough for what is about to happen to you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You used a bushnell?
Dude - no.
Offending the AK gods aside, you used a bushnell.
Don't offend the Optics gods, they have followers on both the AR and the AK side.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Screw the sheeple here, it's your gun do whatever you want to it. They are not the one's feeding it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
........but hey if you like it that's most important......your money not mine
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You used a bushnell?
Dude - no.
Offending the AK gods aside, you used a bushnell.
Don't offend the Optics gods, they have followers on both the AR and the AK side.

Yup, a Bushnell that I paid $100 for. Couldn't pass it up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it!How accurate is it? I bet it will be an excellent little rifle to have around....the only thing I would say is the sidemount would make a more stable optic mounting platform, but if you like it, that's all that matters!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like it!How accurate is it? I bet it will be an excellent little rifle to have around....the only thing I would say is the sidemount would make a more stable optic mounting platform, but if you like it, that's all that matters!

It is very accurate, but I think all the Saigas are. As far as mounting goes the Ultimak is THE way to mount a red dot. It is low, centered, and rock-solid.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate just about anything not original oem factory style.....

But for a working gun/user gun.

I LIKE IT.

I dont see a shitty Tapco stock....I see ACE.

And because he has an earlier Bushnell instead of an expensive ass Eotech, or Kobra...... big faggin deal!

I like it fine. I was thinking about a user gun myself. I've spent so much on a few of my AK's.....I'm finding the downside to "original specs".

As long as it isn't Tapco exterior mods......no prob.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
can you even get a 30 rounder around that front grip?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Sharp set up.  But I think that is why we all need at least two AKs.  One for the "classic" look and one that uses all available tools to improve function and increase hit probability.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
can you even get a 30 rounder around that front grip?

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sharp set up.  But I think that is why we all need at least two AKs.  One for the "classic" look and one that uses all available tools to improve function and increase hit probability.

I agree completely. That is my workhorse that goes with me. This is the safe queen.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#14]

I just had to    Nice set up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Not bad actually. It's not a Crapco stock, hand guard or a crappy dust cover scope mount. That makes it OK in my book. As for the sight, you did good. Unless you are in the sand shooting the enemy, that Bushnell will do more than good. I see a few of those in my near future. Where did you find them for $100?

Kris
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#16]
A guy I work with was given it for Christmas. He didn't like it and sold it to me.

edit: I can't wait to get on my group buy FH.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey, it works for you, and that is all that matters.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I think it's bitchin'. Nothing wrong with building a practical, modern weapon instead of a museum piece. And it's not even ugly, with rails you'll never use, a crappy top cover scope mount, or gay looking furniture.

That said, I would rather have the Bushnell on the side mount rail as said before.

What caliber is it?

Also, how hard is it to replace the FSB with an AK-74 style? It would look REALLY cool with an AK-74 style FSB and Bulgarian FH.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#19]
It is a 7.62x39 Saiga. I'd like to have the handguard retainer properly installed and a gas block as described installed but I do not know who could do it or how much it'd run.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I would think you could just drive the pins out of the FSB and GB and then drive the GB and FSB off the barrel. Of course you'd have to refinish. And I have no idea how hard the press fit on the FSB and GB is. I'm sure somebody around here knows a hell of a lot more than I do, hopefully they'll enlighten us.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top