Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/10/2007 2:41:19 PM EDT
I've been in love with the AK-100 series rifles ever since I laid eyes on them. I've owned a 5.56 AK, a 5.45 and a 7.62x39mm... but I decided it was finally time for an AK shorty. After a recent financial windfall, I finally have the means to do it right.

Right for me is AK-104  

She's dead sexy, other then that gay 4 inches of barrel sticking out past the FSB. Don't worry though, that won't be around for long. I just need a muzzle device that will work and look right on the rifle after my SBR form comes back from ATF.

Thing is, I don't seem to have a lot of good options. I've come to discover that apparently, the bulgarian 7.62 muzzle devices and the Russian ones are not the same. An AK-104 type russian brake will NOT fit on a bulgarian FSB and index correctly! What's more, a regular krinkov brake will not do it. I'm looking for options here.

One option is the Bulgarian 4 piece flash hider. The advantage of this is that it isn't FSB specific. It will index correctly, regardless of where the plunger is so long as the threading is correct. I don't know anything about the flash-hiding characteristics though. It is also 1/2" longer then the issue AK-104 brake.

This is what the original FSB looks like.

Anyone had experience with either?

Also, I'm thinking of putting an Ultimak on this rifle. Thing is, I'm not sure the Ulti will fit on the SLR-107CR's gas tube. I may have heard at one time that the bulgarian AK-104 clone gas tubes were shorter then the regular gas tubes, due to the FSB placement. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have this on my AK-105 SBR.

Its the AK-USA 105 brake that times correctly to the Bulgarian block.

I think they make a 104 unit.

Call them at 239-334-4231

"Parts are being machined from 4140 solid 1-1/8" bar stock in the annealed state. They will then be hardened to 40-43 HRC per factory spec. The first run will be the .22 caliber booster. This will be indexed to the Bulgarian block assy. The indexing notch will have the 'boat' shaped notch. Of course, they will internally hard chromed, phosphated and enameled."

migeta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3800

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they do make a 104 device, I ordered one myself about a month ago.  It's a nice little piece.  Pricy tho, but you get what you pay for!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of a flash are you getting with the bulgarian krink stye muzzle device as opposed to the 4 piece?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#4]
How much does the 105 & 104 Brake cost?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How much does the 105 & 104 Brake cost?

$105 shipped.

Here's a up-close comparison of both of these breaks.  I don't know how they actually compare to each other function wise, as I haven't had the chance to use either of them.

Of course, the 104 break is for my 107CR and the 4-piece hider is for my 106U!  They are gonna be a rockin' team!

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I got my tax stamp back today so I guess I can finally post a pic of the finished product!  Off to the range in a bit!!!

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]
God! those are beautiful rifles!
I would love to see a range report!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Regarding the rail systems - the UTG is not going to fit.  I went with the Surefire and am very pleased.  It took 5 minutes to install and very solid.  Cannot speak for the Ultimak.

When you get the the range expect mass fun.  I was @ 1.5-2" groups @ 100 meters with just Wolf FMJ.

Charlie
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#9]
That is bad-ass Micah :)  Seriously looking forward to your range report. Feel free to post it here.  

I'm gonna go with the Bulgarian brake first off and see how I like it in person. Then I'll consider taking the plunge for the 104 brake.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#10]
The range was fun.  I shot only 120 rounds total.  For my last 30 round mag I put up an 8" target at 50 yards and counted 25 holes in it when I was done.  So, I think it's pretty decent for a 12.5" barrel with irons.

Too bad my range dosen't allow bump firing.  Oh well... that's what the mountains are for!

The 104 break is only a few more $$ than the 4 piece... go for the real deal!
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top