Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 6:04:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/6/2004 6:13:07 PM EST by Super-Dave]
Oh my , I guess that's not very PC ........Screw um.....

(Thought )I had some missing stuff , they hide it real good in that gun case . I got it....

The safety won't engage all the way , can somebody post a link ?
Trigger needs major adjustment , can someone do the link thing for me ?

Not really complaining I can tell when the PPE ( Purple People Eater) gets a little tweakin it's going to rock the house .

Thanks guys for all your time and hard work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:26:13 PM EST
Hey Super Dave,
Those Plum Seaks are pretty nice! My safety doesn't engage all the way as well, but my trigger seems super smooth! Seak # 23...
I have a few hundred rounds down the pipe, NO Problems!
I love it, and you will love yours.

Sean
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:27:54 PM EST
Guys, the safety is like that for a purpose. Mike left those safety levers open like that so that you could go in yourself, and file it down to achieve the amount of trigger movement you wanted when the safety was fully closed.

If I can find the thread about how to file down the lever I will post it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:32:31 PM EST
safety - whats that. Crap everytime a full mag goes in one of my guns its gone a few seconds later..no need for a safety! ...ah just sh*tting you old timers! I do use it sometimes
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:50:19 PM EST
You guys can get your safty levers to go flush by filing away a little bit of metal on small tab that makes contact with the fire control group. You need to slide out the rear pin a little so the lever will rotate up far enough to take it out. It's not difficult at all. Just get a flashlight, pop off your receiver cover, and poke around in there. It will became clear what to do. There is also a link here somewhere. I filed away about an 1/8th of an inch to get it flush. Remember to adjust your fcg first, then make the mod. Todd says to file the tab at about a 45 degree, and that worked fine for me.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:08:12 AM EST
Thanks for the Info guys!!!
I'll check it out this weekend!

Sean
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:41:19 AM EST
And if you can not turn the safety so it can be pulled out for filing, just pull it away from the receiver a bit and twist it around all the other way around.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:18:38 AM EST
Weren't there a few links to instructions with photos for this around the time the first batch rifles went out?

Damn lack of seach function ...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:34:41 PM EST
OK , I get it !

Now I see why they don't adjust the trigger and saftey . I thought it was all BS having to do the adjustments . After a little tinkering I understand now that it's pretty much a requirement for a Custom setup...

Thanks again guys
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:12:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By Super-Dave:
OK , I get it !

Now I see why they don't adjust the trigger and saftey . I thought it was all BS having to do the adjustments . After a little tinkering I understand now that it's pretty much a requirement for a Custom setup...

Thanks again guys

Yeah. By doing it this way, it lets you completely customize how you want your AK to run. Safety on with zero, some, or a lot of movement.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:48:16 PM EST
Did any one find that link by chance? I am not able to figure this out
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:38:11 PM EST
I can't find it. I guess I should have saved it. Maybe Mike will post how to do it if he sees this thread.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:11:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By Irish317:
Did any one find that link by chance? I am not able to figure this out

what he said

btt
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:14:49 AM EST
I looked all through the 12 pages I have available and have found nothing. My luck it is on page 13.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:19:27 PM EST

WARNING - Do not file away your selector lever until you do this:

Take off the top cover and then check if the selector lever can move all the way up. If it can, the top cover just needs to be bent a little to make room.

This is where I bent mine to get the selector lever to move all the way up:

If you need further adjustment look at this PDF file about the RSA trigger group:
www.redstararms.com/uploads/RSA_trigger.pdf
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:42:16 PM EST

I think this is this thread you were looking for:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=60366&w

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:12:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By Super-Dave:
Oh my , I guess that's not very PC ........Screw um.....

(Thought )I had some missing stuff , they hide it real good in that gun case . I got it....

The safety won't engage all the way , can somebody post a link ?
Trigger needs major adjustment , can someone do the link thing for me ?

Not really complaining I can tell when the PPE ( Purple People Eater) gets a little tweakin it's going to rock the house .

Thanks guys for all your time and hard work.

dave my friend "THellURider" has the same issue, of the safty not engaging all the way, we are goignt o just file down the one part which is slightly oversized which allows the safty to completly shut.

CoLd
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:31:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By Robert2011:
I think this is this thread you were looking for:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=60366&w

He found it! That is the money thread.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:01:48 AM EST
Thanks again
Top Top