Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 9:58:33 AM EDT
I got a great deal from M1-Surplus.  I spoke with them on the phone and they are very friendly and seem to know their stuff.

This might be a stupid question but are muzzle breaks supposed to be chorme lined like the barrel?  Mine isn't.  If they are supposed to be lined, how much of a difference will it make that mine isn't?

Here's what I got:

www.m1surplus.com/ak%20threaded%20muzzle%20brake%20cnamakt.htm
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Not chrome lined because its US made.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
True military issue AK-74 brakes will be chrome lined. What you have is a aftermarket "AK-74 style" brake that will fit a 14mm L/H thread that is common for the AKM rifles. Not having chrome lining is not that big of a deal for most casual shooters. You just have to refrain as much as possible from shooting corrosive type ammo and just make an extra point of removing the brake after each range session for a detail cleaning with your favorite solvent/CLP.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#3]
That's the cheapest I've ever seen them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I couldn't believe it was that cheap.  In fact, I called to find out what was wrong with it.  It seems like a well machined muzzle break.  My only issue is the finish leaves a bit to  be desired.  It resembles the old finish on my SAR-1.  That's ok with me, it's hanging in the tool closet waiting for the Aluma Hyde to cure. Thanks for the info SVT and Hoot.  I don't see me changing over from Wolf ammo anytime soon.  If this one gets too mucked up I'll go big time and order one from K-Var.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
brake dude, brake.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top