Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 7:44:46 AM EST
Considering picking up another AK. I'm basically just wondering if this is a good time to buy or should I wait another couple of months to see if prices drop anymore? I was leaning more towards the N-PAP but, I've noticed the O's are fairly popular on here. Is that because of the heavier reciever and lower price point?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:53:16 PM EST
Within the last 30 minutes, the O-PAP's price at J&G jumped from $599 to $899.

So......
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:58:16 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fike:

So......
View Quote

Just noticed that when I signed in to check on the status of my order placed yesterday. It could be a system glitch. If not, a great deal has ended.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:04:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By JohnnyA:

Just noticed that when I signed in to check on the status of my order placed yesterday. It could be a system glitch. If not, a great deal has ended.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyA:
Originally Posted By fike:

So......

Just checked, back down to 599. That scary there for a sec.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:51:28 PM EST
So, the better rifle is the O-PAP?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:57:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By JmanS2k:
So, the better rifle is the O-PAP?
View Quote

The O-PAP is the way to go. A great rifle at a great price. There will come a day when we all talk about the good old OPAP days. Do it!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:00:17 PM EST
I'm not a Yugo/Serb AK expert but here's my take. People like the O-PAP because of the thicker receiver and trunnion and the double stack bolt. Other versions have come with single stack bolts and some have had a rail on the receiver cover. The lower price at J&G has also helped people decide to go with the O-PAP.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:28:33 PM EST
when i first started interest in ak it was during 94-04 ban. the dream of an all "fill in blank" made rifle, filled my mind! i bought a $179 saiga from cdnn, but wanted a folding stock, bayonet, and flash hider. all the illegal evil features only on pre 89 imports!

( i have owned saiga 7.62&12, maadi x2, mak90 x2,wasr, sar1, yugo m70ab2 & m92. nothing like a 100% yugo for the warm and fuzzies and you can only get that with pre 89 or pistol.)

flash forward, i just got an m92! and they are every where. 100% yugo krinkov clone , usually under 1k no brainer!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:19:44 PM EST
Can someone tell me the thread pitch for these rifles? I read on a N-PAP review they were 17mmLH? Is that true? Posted this Q in the Yugo section but, didnt get a reply.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:48:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By JmanS2k:
Can someone tell me the thread pitch for these rifles? I read on a N-PAP review they were 17mmLH? Is that true? Posted this Q in the Yugo section but, didnt get a reply.

View Quote

Standard AKM 14x1 LH
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:02:46 PM EST
Thank you sir.

I'll give it some thought tonight and decide tomorrow if I'm going to pick one up.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:09:19 PM EST
Oh, one last question. Are the Yugo rear sights the same as other AKs? I'd like to put a Rifle Dynamics rear sight on there if I get one.
Top Top