Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 5:27:09 PM EDT
Regarding my recent post here, I took my replacement Golani to the range today to sight it in.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that it zero'ed at 100 yds. with the front sight perfectly centered on the gas block.
I was using S&B 55 gr. FMJ's and only had to fire 3 3-shot groups to get it on the money.  I was fairly impressed with the groups and took a ruler to'em when I got home.  Again...pleasantly surprised to say the least.  Each group was j u s t  under two inches!  I'm talking each group was right at 1 and 15/16, or 1 and 31/32.  Fairly windy day, not the best rest, front sight begining to blure due to old age...yada yada.  I'm a happy camper!
Only fired around 125 rds. today, as I did the "Shoot'n clean" deal about every five rds. to start off, but no malfunctions of any kind.
Just thought I'd put my two cents in....  John
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey man, that's awesome.

Glad to hear a success story.

You probably have a 1:9 twist in your bbl .....should do even better with the heavier stuff.

If you can get groups like that with 55gr, who knows what you could do with 68/69gr :)

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top