Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
www.dpharms.com

Romy kits for $89

FREE
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!

Also, how about a price on the rare 5.45 and a link?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
if you want a 5.45, it looks to me like a Tantal is the cheapest way to go, www.akronarmory.com has them listed, but not in stock im afraid. i cant think of anywhere else that carries them off hand, but there's lots of places.

also, AIM surplus has romy kits and a 30-rd mag for $99. www.aimsurplus.com im thinking thatll be my next one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Cope's has a matching number Romy kit + G2 FCG for $124.99.  

http://www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Where are the Polish UF for $180?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
if you want a 5.45, it looks to me like a Tantal is the cheapest way to go, www.akronarmory.com has them listed, but not in stock im afraid. i cant think of anywhere else that carries them off hand, but there's lots of places.

www.cheaperthandirt.com/WX117-41895-1062.html

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

also, AIM surplus has romy kits and a 30-rd mag for $99. www.aimsurplus.com im thinking thatll be my next one.

Maybe its just me, but for some  reason I'm not able to find the kits on AIM's site any longer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Looks like they are no longer listed, could be sold out
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:Maybe its just me, but for some  reason I'm not able to find the kits on AIM's site any longer.

i bought the last 2 yesterday after work.

I called them @ 2:00 PM and asked if they had Romy kits.  They said, "yep".  I said, can ya hold 2 for me until 4:30, i'll pay for them now."

he said, "we can't hold them, but we have enough that there will be plenty by 4:30"

I got there @ 4:30 and ask for 2 kits.  "we're sold out", he says.

"uhh...what the fuck, man.  i called @ 2:00 and tried to buy 2 but you wouldn't let me and said you would have plenty and now you say your out."

he says, "let me check in back"

He comes out with 2 and said they were the last 2.  my guess is, they realized how low they were getting and the employees put dibs on the remaining ones.  

i dunno how low Bofecus, Copes, or DPH are getting, but ya better buy now or pay $189/kit in a month.

caspian
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I like getting romys from tapco for $125 with the G2.  They seem to be pretty nice kits (at least they were a month ago), although bocefus is a great guy with awsome, handpicked kits
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I like getting romys from tapco for $125 with the G2.  They seem to be pretty nice kits (at least they were a month ago), although bocefus is a great guy with awsome, handpicked kits

what's bocefus' going price on yugo kits? also, how could i get in touch with him?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:Maybe its just me, but for some  reason I'm not able to find the kits on AIM's site any longer.

i bought the last 2 yesterday after work.hem
he said, "we can't hold them, but we have enough that there will be plenty by 4:30"

I got there @ 4:30 and ask for 2 kits.  "we're sold out", he says.

"uhh...what the fuck, man.  i called @ 2:00 and tried to buy 2 but you wouldn't let me and said you would have plenty and now you say your out."

he says, "let me check in back"

He comes out with 2 and said they were the last 2.  my guess is, they realized how low they were getting and the employees put dibs on the remaining ones.  

i dunno how low Bofecus, Copes, or DPH are getting, but ya better buy now or pay $189/kit in a month.

caspian

Caspian
Hope your kits are nicer then to one I got yesterday, what a difference 30 days makes. It's not bad enough to return but if they had more I'd buy somewhere else instead. Matching#s but it's appears to be from 2 differnt kits
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#15]
some minor rust on the gas tube which will blast off if i refinish.
all the number match.  bore took some scrubbing, but came out pretty good.  not mirror nice as some have reported.

I'm a bit disappointed, but it was a wash pricewise when the tax negates the shipping.

I liked the idea that i could get matching numbers w/o paying an extra $10.  paying someone $10 to look at a bolt and trunion is BS in my book.  I'm not sure what part of looking at two parts warrants $120/hour.  i wish i made that much.

caspian
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Where are the Polish UF for $180?

ammunitionstore.com
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#17]
are the AK74 kits normally sold at Ohio Rapid Fire Bulgarian?

ETA

Are the dark bore Yugo kits worth it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

A couple of dark bore projects

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18885

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17584
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Not if you want to shoot it.  I put one together from centerfire and the rounds are hitting the target sideways at 15 yards.  After I put all the money in the UF and all the compliance parts, I am quite disappointed.  Go with the Romy kits from DPH!!!  Free is right!!!  Its nice having a 200.00 AK that is  Brand spanking new!!   Aint that right, Sergeant First Class FREE?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not if you want to shoot it.  I put one together from centerfire and the rounds are hitting the target sideways at 15 yards.  After I put all the money in the UF and all the compliance parts, I am quite disappointed.  Go with the Romy kits from DPH!!!  Free is right!!!  Its nice having a 200.00 AK that is  Brand spanking new!!   Aint that right, Sergeant First Class FREE?

That must be one blown out piece of sht barrel..Didnt you even try the bullet test before wasting time your building it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#21]
what is the bullet test?

(edited to fix spelling)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
what is the bullet test?

(edited to fix spelling)

Insert a round into the muzzle , if the barrel swallows the entire bullet, completely up to the casing, the barrel is shot out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what is the bullet test?

(edited to fix spelling)

Insert a round into the muzzle , if the barrel swallows the entire bullet, completely up to the casing, the barrel is shot out.

And the whole round goes into the barrel?

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
what is the bullet test?

(edited to fix spelling)

And the whole round goes into the barrel?

-C4-

Then you get " the rounds are hitting the target sideways at 15 yards"  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Stuck the bullet in the barrel an had 0.11" from the case.  With a brand new chrome lined Romy it measured 0.36"   So, the barrel can be shot out even if it dosnt go in all the way up to the case.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#26]
By the way, any suggestions?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top