Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 1:19:58 PM EDT
I'm looking for a relatively cheap side folder.  It just needs to be reliable with a straight sight (not canted).

Anyone have any feedback on this one from atlanticfirearms?
www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=160

Know of another place that I can get a good side folder.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You'd be better off buying just the rifle and trying to get a military folding stock off the EE than getting a rifle with a POS TAPCO plastic folder IMO.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, where can I get a cheap, reliable rifle that will most likely NOT have canted sights?  I live in middle of nowhere so I have to get my rifles off the internet through my FFL guy.  I hear that the WASRs are not the best rifles, but I'm not looking for perfection.  Just a solid, decent shooting, reliable rifle with straight sights.

If you know of a place to get such a rifle please let me know.  I'm still an AK noob.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help Templar.  I'm looking for something that also has a side rail for an optic.  I already have a Sam-7 A1-R as my good rilfe.    The purpose of this rifle is to be a "throw around" rilfe that I can carry in the truck while at my hunting lease and just general plinking.  I'm looking for a decent rifle that will be a side folder.  

I looked at a side folder this weekend at a local gun shop but it was a serious POS.  It was a Madi and the action felt very rough.  I know that nothing will be as smooth as the Arsenals but this was pathetic.  I'm wondering if the WASRs are the same way?  

I'm not sure what the difference is between the side folding stocks is.  If one is much better than the other (military vs tapco).  

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top