Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/23/2006 6:28:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 6:29:58 AM EDT by mykrowyre]
My SAR2 currently is dressed in plum with Romanian threaded FSB and romanian brake. I'd really like to go back to this:

http://avtomats-in-action.com/media2/Rom74025.jpg

I'm considering selling or trading my new (kvar US) plum set for a Rommy side folder and curved foregrip, but before I do I'm wondering how I can get my parts count legal in this configuration as I will be one part off. Is there an identical US made copy of the Romanina AK74 brake? Can I get US Made floorplates for bakelite 5.45 mags? Maybe a US made copy of the romanian bakelite (or wood) upper foregrip? The last one seems most likely.

Ideas? Plum looks sharp, but I need a change... wood is my thing.

Also, anyone seen leftover welded open romanian side folders around cheap? I don't mind cutting through welds.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:39:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:57:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 6:57:53 AM EDT by mykrowyre]
I already have a US grip.. it still leaves me one part off if I count the Romanian muzzle brake. Last I checked the US made brakes were not available in the correct thread for the Romanian threaded FSB (22mm).. but it looks like global trades may now have them in 22mm again. That would work :) Anyone need a plum set
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:00:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:30:06 AM EDT
Good luck finding a trade.... there is always somebody out there willing to deal.

The Romanian sidefolder is sort of expensive these days around $60 +plus shipping plus other wood pieces. I have not even seen a welded sf in over a year.

As far as count goes: P.grip, Trig, Ham, Disc, GasP, and US brake makes six.=legal

BTW, I think the wood is the best looking too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:42:04 AM EDT
Send me an IM if you want to do some trading. I have a PG rommy front end, and would be interested in your entire US plum set.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:10:56 AM EDT
You can get a folder and the bottom handguard from dpharms.com.

There was a group buy over on gunco.net for 5.45x39 mag baseplates. I will have 20 coming and may not need all of them. Really, I don't need any of them but figured I would get some. Some other people here are on the list for them also, so you should be able to get some.

A U.S. Bakelite upper handguard does exactly nothing for your parts count compliance. You have to replace both handguards to get 1 compliance part.

The rifle you have should be O.K. parts wise if you have the U.S. FCG, piston, and pistol grip that came with the rifle (5 parts) and if you replace the muzzlebrake with a U.S. brake from A.K. USA that Templar posted the link to.

If you would rather replace the baseplates I will hook you up if needed with some of mine when I get some. If you want to get on the list for some more of them if the guy does another run, the link is www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18502 You will need to put these on every mag you use in the rifle if you do not replace the brake with a U.S. one I believe.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:13:40 AM EDT
I also had some of the Romanian upper handguards but sold them. K-Var has a Bulgarian bakelite upper that is very similiar.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:24:56 AM EDT
dont forget to grab a turned up bolt handle on the bolt carrier for the authentic look
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:25:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 8:58:45 AM EDT by mykrowyre]
I am definately interested in the floor plates. I only need 4 or 5. I think I'll go with the baseplates and keep everything else including the rommy brake. If anyone has a folder and forward curving grip for swap IM me. thx.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:31:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mykrowyre:
I am definately interested in the floor plates. I only need 5 or 6.

I probably won't have them in hand until after first of the month sometime.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:15:00 AM EDT
I've noticed that in the world of AKs, it really doesn't matter if the furniture matches, does it? It's genuinely no big deal!

I think that's cool.
Top Top