Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 3:52:21 PM EDT
Has anyone else dealt with this company and Ron?  I had such a BAD experience!

I am a Texan and so met with Global trades who works out of Houston.  Global Trades agreed to put together my Bulgy 74 Brand New kit with one of their receivers and test fire it for $530 dolllars.
I thought it was a little high but ron promised a beautiful gun that would function flawlessly.  
Three week later I receiver the gun.  Spoke with ron of Global face to face and he told me he test fired it and it functioned flawlessly. I took it home and it would NOT accept a brand new Russian mag, a polish mag, or a East German man.
Called him and he said he custom fit it to a polish "slabside" mag.  I'm not sure what that might be but said okay see you at the next gun show.  Today I showed him it would not take the mags and was not even close.  He said he fit it for a east german mag and in fact had not test fired it.  He then shows me how he can fit one of his East german mags in.  This mag was grossly cut at the top and cut at the retaining clip.  I pointed this out and he pointed out that I could simply "dremel" the gun to fit other mags.  He offered to trade his three modified east german mags for my three mags one of which was a brand new Russian plum mag.  I was a bit upset and he again said well YOU can dremel it and he offered to give me the three mags.  
I have heard some good things about this company but I have never dealt with someone did not want to honor their work and would just continue to lie after seeing that his receiver was cut wrong.
I was so upset I finally sold the gun at the gunshow for a $100 lose to someone who thought he could get the gun to work.

Is it wrong to expect a AK 74 to accept AK 74 mags?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Should have sent it to rejacket firearms in LA, I was going to have ron build a g kit for me for $350.00, I chose instead to send it to red jacket for $250.00 and will did great work.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear this, but the internet is a powerful tool. Youd should of taken pics and posted them here. i bet they fix it quick after they see that gun on all the gun sites.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I would have tossed a "am not happy with this, how long are you going to have my gun to fix it" out there and made damn sure he knew I was not happy with the gun as is and I expected it fixed.  If that didnt pan out then I most likely would have took picutures and informed others of his bad business handling.

And the gun would have went off to another builder instead of losing $100 bucks on it.......
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
AK-74's don't work.  the VEPR's don't work, the Arsenals don't work , and the WASR's don't work. No AK-74 models work and besides that, the ammo will son be impossible to find.  Stick with 7.62 X 39mm
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:31:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Watch what you say! the real ones work; seems like they just can not get it right here(in america) guess it seems like it would be the other way around to most people here though.I will say that global has been plagued with issues on all their builds for the most part.Ihave seen more than 1 thats for sure.You must remember the problem guns are not the real ones not to say no one over here can't build one right.To bad we just can't get them shipped here assembled and gotta deal with parts and some jack leg builders.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:06:51 AM EDT
[#6]
My name is TR Graham.  I am the rifle production manager for Armory USA / Global Trades.  Sir, your rifle was put together by Ron Yates, NOT Cody Baker, who is the Chief Gunsmith at Global.  Although Mr. Yates uses our receivers, his builds are independent of what we do and are not inspected by me nor are they made to the same quality standards I demand for any rifle produced at our shop.  Please keep in mind our receivers are sold to many different people and companies around the country.  
I am sorry you had a bad experience with your rifle.  There are many AK builders out there with many different levels of skill.  At Armory I am fortunate to have some of the very best AK gunsmiths in the country working with me.  However, Mr. Yates is NOT one of them.  I realize that your experience has probably left you leery of doing any business with Global.   However, if you care to ever have another rifle built (and done right) please contact us directly at (713) 944-3351.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#7]
You just can't tell what your getting from a trade show. Name of the thread should of been "Ron Yates Experiences Bad" as it looks like he's selling himself as a Global Trades employee of sorts. Can't blame the company just because he's using their reciever...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:58:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Pieceofstink,

I beg to differ with you.  

All the SAR2s that I have had in my possession have worked flawlessly.

vato
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Psych - were you doing business directly with Global Trades?  
Did Global Trades ever indicate that they were sub-contracting the build to an outside gunsmith?
Did this Ron Yates protray himself as part of Global Trades?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Ron is at a lot of local gun shows in texas, his table has a big global trades banner on it, and the rifles he sells are all in global armory boxes. So is he building them or GT now I'am confused
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Good question.    Alot of folks have big banners at shows.   They just use them to draw people to there tables.   Doesn't mean they are in any way connected to the manufacturer.

edit: Well psych,
Give us some more feed back.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Does Ron Yates work at Global Trades/Armory USA?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#13]
pieceofstink:

Quote:
AK-74's don't work. the VEPR's don't work, the Arsenals don't work , and the WASR's don't work. No AK-74 models work and besides that, the ammo will son be impossible to find. Stick with 7.62 X 39mm

I have 2 InRange Built Bulgy AK74 Builds with Ohio Ordnance Works Receivers that function FLAWLESSLY (one with over 4K rounds thru it).......................I beg to differ with your statement. 5.45x39 has been around since the 70s and demand for the ammo so great now it is only a matter of time before another company starts producing................................

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#14]
The AK74's I built work.... and I love them

Not sure where talkin smack about 5.45 and AK74's is coming from.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought an SSR-85B ( Global Trades ) about 2 years ago from a guy on Gunsamerica
He is a member here now goes by ADON

Well the rifle was well put together and looked great
One problem though:  Magazines of any Make would not seat  I kid you not I was dumbfounded

How could that be ? I thought these rifles were test fired before leaving the factory ?

After sending it back all they did was dremel the magazine well and sent it back
Shiney Bare Metal and metal filings and all and the Main Support Rivet wasn't pressed correctly and freely spun around

WTF ? now I was pissed  After originally talking to Jimmy I was angry
He refused to give a different Rifle and insisted that they'd fix it so i gave them a chance and that's how I got it back

Had to send it back a second time
Yeah they got it correct pressed the rivet down marred the receiver but re-parked the whole rifle over

On top of all that I never rerceived a cleaning kit or magazine w/the rifle

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Ron Yates claims to be a asscioate of GT at the gun shows.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
AK-74's don't work.  the VEPR's don't work, the Arsenals don't work , and the WASR's don't work. No AK-74 models work and besides that, the ammo will son be impossible to find.  Stick with 7.62 X 39mm

hmm my sar-2 has function flawlessly in the 350 rounds or so i have shot it
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#21]
My SAR-2, my Arsenal SLR105R and my Bulgarian AK-74 parts kit built on a Global Trades receiver by PoHF all work.  I must have got lucky.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I built my Tantal on a GT receiver and it works flawlessly. Even with Wolf HP. Maybe some people who think they can build an AK, can't.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#23]
My Bulgy 74 side folder came from MGS, except for the final fit of the rear trunion, it works great. I built a Tantal in my kitchen with screws on a GT, and it works great.......your problem is with 'Ron" not GT........
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Almost 1000 posts and then this? Are you joking around or just high?

For the topic at hand, I've heard a lot of times that global makes good receivers and poor guns. Stories of function problems are not uncommon, but I'm suprised by the shitty service. If true, he lied about the test fire and mags, told you to fix it yourself, then tried to trade you some POS mags for a nice russian? So he fucked you over on the customer service, AND tried to screw you over on another trade.

And that price for a build is pretty nuts. Add on the kit and it doesnt even make sense to have something built. You can just get a 105 converted, for a lot less money, and have a factory built gun.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Well psych,

What say you??? cricket....cricket....cricket........

Maybe a ?     I hope I am wrong though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#26]
This is not the first time I have heard of these types of issues about them.

I was going to make a purchase from them but I decided to go with the best and not screw around
with that cheap shit...

Arsenal !!

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Pieceofstink,

I beg to differ with you.  

All the SAR2s that I have had in my possession have worked flawlessly.

vato

+1

everything i built on a global reciver works fine,....hell my bulgy AK-74 shoots like a dream,..and has well over 1500 rounds fired thru it,... and i built that in what october?

and my wasr,...as ugly as it is,.. still works perfect.

just depends on who builds it.

in fact the only rifle that i am building from a kit that wont be on a global reciver is my romy RPK-47,...for that big heffer im gonna wait for the new DCI reciver which should be out end of this month

edit to add, i wish Arsenal would make a milled reciver for a sidefolding AK-74,...id get two,.. one to rebild my AK-74 on a milled Arsenal reciver and the second for my AKS-74U.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top