Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 1:13:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2011 1:14:20 PM EDT by Sublimeon24s]
Hello, new member here. Im getting my first rifle this weekend, an Arsenal SLR 95. Can this gun be modded with a picatinny rail system / foregrip / lights, etc? If so, any particular model # or brand that is known to fit this gun good?  What about aftermarket buttstock / pistol grip setups?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:33:02 PM EDT
I have an Arsenal SLR-95 and I put a Hogue grip on mine and have an ACE folder on it's way.  If you go the folder route just remember that you need the milled receiver block as it is different than the stamped version.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:37:41 PM EDT
Welcome

Midwest Industries and Ultimak both make some great hand rails that utilize the standard 1913 rails to attach any accessories you would want

TX Weapon Systems and Krebs Custom are two great options if you are looking to add a rail over the dust cover

and +1 for ACE, they allow you to use several combinations of parts to get whatever king of stock you are looking for from a folding to non-folding and skeleton to collapsible. Aside from making sure that you get receiver blocks specifically made for the milled receiver also keep in mind that an internal block will necessitate you cutting off and removing the top tang while and external block will not.

The 95 is an awesome rifle too by the way, you are gonna love it
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:38:42 PM EDT
First off welcome! Second, great choice of AK. I've had my SLR-95 for a while and just took my first training class with it this past weekend and it groups well out to 100 yds and has never given me a single problem as far as reliability. For my replacement hand guard I went with the US palm version of the Midwest industries model. Only $135 and it lets you mount a trijicon RMR or burris fastfire red dot sight on it low enough to co-witness with your irons. So far, this and the ultimak gas tube are the only two ways to get a red dot sight low enough to use a normal cheek weld and co-witness with your irons. US palm also makes a great pistol grip, and for a stock I'd go with ACE. I got the internal block model and cut off my upper tang with a hack saw and filed it smooth to mount it and it turned out great! Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2011 7:15:41 PM EDT by Sublimeon24s]
Thanks guys. After research, I have decided I want to add the Midwest Industries quad rail Handguard and a Tapco Intrafuse T6 collapsable stock for milled receivers. Im still confused what other parts I will need to make this stock work. Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2011 5:26:47 PM EDT by Molive]
Originally Posted By Sublimeon24s:
Thanks guys. After research, I have decided I want to add the Midwest Industries quad rail Handguard and a Tapco Intrafuse T6 collapsable stock for milled receivers. Im still confused what other parts I will need to make this stock work. Any help would be appreciated

You won't need any thing else with that stock, just remove the screws in the grip and upper tang of the thumbhole stock, remove the stock and install the T6 according to the instuctions

Also in the interests of legality someone should say, I guess me, that if you are going to start changing out handguards and stocks, to make sure that you use 5 US parts on your rifle to make it 922r compliant and won't get into any possible trouble in the fututre. Sounds like you already have decided on 2 (1. upper/lower handguards, 2. T6 stock), now just make sure you install 3 more US made parts. 1 can be your pistol grip  but if not then just make sure and use a US made magazine which has 3 US made parts (1. body, 2. follower, 3. floor plate)
Top Top