Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/20/2007 1:09:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:41:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Ejection is no different than an AK.  The saiga will do the same thing.

Not sure about the reloadablility.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:36:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I reload brass fired from my MAK-90's, cases get a dent in the side of them, they seem to iron out during the sizing process.  Had about 4-5 reloadings some cases already.

That's assuming the brass is reloading to begin with, e.g. it's brass and boxer primed.

Here's some dummy rounds I made over a year ago for a ARFCOM'r

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't hold off on building your Galils because of the cost of brass.  Some may dent the case a little more than others, but the expander ball will reshape it as it passes through the neck.  If the body gets a dent, the sizing die will help it reform.  The G3 has a fluted chamber, so it dents the brass in a different way.
Usually there is a ton of .223 brass at the range just being kicked around in the dirt.  You can probably bring home more than you shoot.  Since the price of .223 is still reasonable, I don't load for it.  I save my reloading time for more expensive cartridges.  Build away!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The G3 has a fluted chamber, so it dents the brass in a different way.

The fluted HK chambers don't dent the brass.  Some softer commercial brass will "fire-form" to the flutes, but this doesn't hamper reloading.

The problem with HKs is that they fling the brass against the forward edge of the ejection port, denting the living shit out of it.  That's the reason for the HK "port buffers", rubber-edged thingamajigs that reduce the severity of the dents but scratch that precious HK finish on the ejection port.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
GRab some rubberized tape and put it around the ejection port. Layer if necessary. No more dented brass, who knew?
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top