This may be compairing apples with oranges but I wanted a Galil until I saw an HK 93 today at the range. Now I'm not sure. It was very sweet. Unfortuantely, this guy didn't really want me handling his rifle either. I'm going to have to clean up or something.
What do you think - is one clearly "better" than the other? Sorry for the bothersome posts but I'm clearly confused about my next rifle purchase. Posted this over at the H&K forum too.
I have a HK93, HK33, Galil 386 semi and Galil full auto.
I like the semi and full auto Galils much better than their HK counterparts.
Galil Plus Factors
- Low maintenance
- Takes M16 mags (with adaptor) or uses $15 Galil mag
- Fold stock is best in the business
- Misplaced snob appeal
- Heavier than the Galil
- Barrel change is a major project
- Does not handle sustained full auto/rapid semi fire
- Uses proprietary mag, which is expensive
- Fold stock sucks and costs $350
Lets not forget , H&K93's Triggers really SUCK!!