Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:33:30 AM EDT
Does it make a difference in terms of accuracy, handling, value, etc.?  Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]

To me it does. I have a IMI 361 AR with a 18 inch barrel and a IMI 392 ARM with a 16 inch barrel. The 16 inch is easier to move around with . Two inches makes a big difference. [Just ask the ladies]. The extra velocity from the 18 inch to me does not make up for the extra handiness of the 16 inch.    Jerod
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the 18".

The 16" may give more "handiness" But you can't mount an bayonet on a 16" barrel, plus you lose velocity, especially when they have 1/12 twist rate.

And an 18" barrel is just more original, and more rare(in .223) as far as I'm concerned
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Bayonet mounting ability is at the bottom of my list of considerations in evaluating weapons systems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bayonet mounting ability is at the bottom of my list of considerations in evaluating weapons systems.

Well, good for you, to each his own.

In my opinion if you want something practical (tactical), the Galil is on the bottom of the list anyway, it's heavy and often expensive, parts and mags are harder to find and more expensive than the AR.  

Owning a Galil is more like a status symbol

So in that sense having a bayonet lug does seem important.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my opinion if you want something practical (tactical), the Galil is on the bottom of the list anyway, it's heavy and often expensive, parts and mags are harder to find and more expensive than the AR.  

Gotta admit, I like the bayonet lug, too.  Got one on my M372 ARM, and I think Galils look naked without them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta admit, I like the bayonet lug, too.  Got one on my M372 ARM, and I think Galils look naked without them.

Can you please post a photo of your 372 Galil ARM?

I am looking at buying one from out of state that the owner can not email me a pic because he has no camera.
What it the barrel length on a Model 372?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you please post a photo of your 372 Galil ARM?

I am looking at buying one from out of state that the owner can not email me a pic because he has no camera.
What it the barrel length on a Model 372?
Thanks

Here's a few pics of the Model 372, imported by Magnum Research, notice the 18" barrel, bayonet lug, and the M16 style flash suppressor.  As far as I'm concerned these features are not found on later .223 ARM models imported by Action Arms.

Hope these helps.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#8]
WOW!!!!!!  

That thing is beautiful !!

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
   Nice kit gun!  It looks original! Who built it for you? I like the 18 inch barrel...he
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#10]
It doesn't look like you have ever shot it!  How do you keep that thing so clean?  I took mine on one "training mission" and it hasn't look new since.  Your's shines like the top of the Chrsyler building.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a transitional Action Arms Galil Model 372. It looks exactly like yours but has a Galil flashhider.

By transitional I mean that there is a slight milled out area on the left side of the receiver where Magnum Research was stamped and Action Arms replacing it. I’m not sure what all that was about.

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top