Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/18/2018 12:50:13 PM EDT
Usually I can figure stuff out but I am not finding what options are available.

I have a pistol without a brace on it. It has just a backplate and no arm brace. My SBR papers are done so now I need a stock.

I don't see what options there are for adding a stock to this pistol/SBR.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 8:33:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By akconvert:
Usually I can figure stuff out but I am not finding what options are available.

I have a pistol without a brace on it. It has just a backplate and no arm brace. My SBR papers are done so now I need a stock.

I don't see what options there are for adding a stock to this pistol/SBR.

Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote
Start with the KNS Adapter Block which you can use to add a folding or fixed skeleton or AR base stock.

Actually pretty easy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:53:32 AM EDT
I'm dealing with this right now too. I only wanted to use an original Galil stock (I just like the way they look), and am still trying to figure out a way to mount it to the receiver.
All I can come up with is to buy the SB tactical folding brace, trash the brace part and keep the side that goes on the receiver and put the original Galil stock on that.
If anyone has a better idea I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:09:33 PM EDT
Everyone call IWI and pester them about selling stocks and/or knuckles!

I called and they said they are waiting on stuff from Israel, no ETA. Folding braces are out of stock everywhere so I'm (my gunsmith really) is going to try grinding down the old knuckle and welding it to the plate with the QD mount from the pistol. Obviously the old Galils had an angled cut on the end of the receiver as opposed to the straight cut on the Aces.
(I will not use an AR buffer tube on this thing.)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:04:39 PM EDT
Try Atlantic firearms. They just got in the pistols with arm braces. I think KNS makes an adapter as well as another company makes ACE rifle stocks like the original Galil stocks.
Top Top