GUNSNET EXTORTION

Or read the entire pathetic post right here:
===============================

Guns Network Staff
Site Administrator
Trader Rating: (105)

Guns Network
Platinum Contributor  Today we have made some permission changes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we have rolled back Registered Members permissions...

If you are having problems in the following areas below, it is because we have rolled back the privileges, so Registered Members can no longer:

use Private Messages
Cannot Edited posts
Post pictures
Play Arcades
Cannot use SEARCH feature
Cannot view other members profile
Cannot use Signatures
HOSTING PICTURES on our Server

They will have to pay us $20.00 a year for the above privileges which equals 0.06 a day or $1.66 a month. The servers and software and the time spent cost way more then that.

If the members decide to upgrade then everything they knew before will be the same. If folks have already contributed in the last 9 months $5.00 or $10.00 then they just need to contribute the difference and please send us a copy of your receipt or how you paid so we can look up your record of the transaction.

Folks Guns Network has been buying ALL the BEER, SNACKS and paying for the CABLE BILL for the last 8 years.

It is about time members start contributing to Guns Network and start putting a little money in the hat!

To upgrade today click on the "Membership Upgrade Center" (in YELLOW) up above in the blue bar area. Please allow uo to 4 to 6 hours to have your permissions changed due to staff not being around 24/7.

Good news is once you have upgraded you will have 2 chances towards the Guns Network Raffle!

Guns Network Staff

By the way, [Guns Network] is not Disneyland. It is an Adult Only website so I hope you are not offended by descriptive language.
Feel the Love - Guns Network Staff

The indiscriminate use of vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherfucker.

Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege.

GUNS NETWORK.....Often Imitated.....Never Duplicated

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#1]
UNREAL. That's a first that I've ever seen on any kind of talk forums. (At least that I've ever visited.)

But it doesn't surprise me from what I have heard about the management booting scores of people out of there for criticizing products or services.
I myself was a bit taken aback when I read the introduction by the management  warning me and other subscribers that it was an adult web site, and if I couldn't handle the content then I can GO FU*K OFF!

This is very crude and unprofessional. I don't know who the owners are, but from the image I am getting, I don't like them.

They are simply driving subscribers to better run websites like AR15
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing worth going there anymore for except to see JOEKEN's latest screwup.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
hahahahahahaha they are running themselves into the ground head first and people still follow them. I bet if dthor stuck a roman candle up his ass and jumped off a cliff he would have a shit load of .nutz members follow him.

I really like this quote "Just erase what you learned on this board and think, wow, my AKs would really suck right about now if it wasnt for gunsnet/ak-47.net" Hmmm i wonder what the people who sent money to Joeken and guns to the goosh learned about ak's.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
what a bunch of crock shit
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Gunsnet <---
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Gunsnet Sucks!!  I just tried to open a PM someone sent me and it said I have to pay $20. This is the first I've heard about this mandatory membership. I don't mind supporting a site (like this one) if I frequent it alot but for a site to just cut you off of almost all privilages without telling you is a BS way to run it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I just added a little something
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I know everything started to go down the toilet a while back over there, when the mass exodus occured, but even since I started surfing these forums a few months ago Goonsnet has really took a turn. Site staff and moderators harrassing people all over the place. Erasing posts, lol, let me go grab one and post it here I find it halarious.
This is from the Bulgarian Forum:

10-07-2004, 09:46 PM    #1  
tommygunm1a1
Trader Rating: (0)

new stamped 74's from arse nev.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They a now importing a 5,45 stamped gun. they won't reply to my inquiry so It looks as if I'm gonna have to buy a whole rifle just to get a receiver. I'll be selling all parts sans receiver so make an offer. Jim

tommygunm1a1

Hello... any body home?...

I've tried to contact Arsenal. I hope the last one out shut off the lights.
I need some feed back here.
Jimbo

Guns Network Staff
Site Administrator
Trader Rating: (105)

Guns Network
Platinum Contributor  

This website does not associate itself with arsenal inc or the K company sorry going to have to go elsewhere for that info.

GNS

By the way, [Guns Network] is not Disneyland. It is an Adult Only website so I hope you are not offended by descriptive language.
Feel the Love - Guns Network Staff

What a bunch of freaks!!! Why hava a Bulgarian forum if you don't want the members to talk about the major importers/ producers of Bugarian rifles in the US?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a post in the Bulgarian & Hungarian forum deleted because I said that the SA M-7 was one of the best AKs available and posted a link to Arsenal Inc's website.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like Joekens about to get the boot there for stiffing one of the moderators(Diesel).
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Between Jerkins and Dthor, they are ripping off and fleecing the membership over there like there is no tomorrow.

I can't believe the story behind the group mag purchase that happened a few weeks ago.  Dthor organized the scam and made some nice cash from overpricing the magazines when he sold them to the membership.  

I have it on good authority there's at least three moderators over there that are absolutely pissed off at the latest stunt he has pulled, and they are ready to resign and tell him to stick up his fat fake seal ass.

At the rate he's running members off, he will never be able to scam enough money to have that piece of shit boat repaired in his driveway.  I'm laughing my ass off at the picture I saw of that shitty boat.  Special thanks to one of his moderators for that photo!

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Folks Guns Network has been buying ALL the BEER, SNACKS and paying for the CABLE BILL for the last 8 years.

cool. and i pissed all over your bathroom floor, poisoned your pet fish and frenched your wife, too. btw, you really need to buy better beer, dude...and get me some rum, damnit! now, get your fat ass back in the kitchen and make me a sammich! i'm rick james, bitch!

Actually I remeber something about the moron's wife leaving him for another guy on the board!  (Smart woman; who wants to live with a dweeb?)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought that was HDR's wife that was smoking someone else's pole ?!?!?!?

Last I heard, Thornton lied about his wife having cancer and disappeared from the board.  He then magically reappeared as Bowcunt.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, the spelling and grammar in that pst were ATROCIOUS
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Looks like Joekens about to get the boot there for stiffing one of the moderators(Diesel).

Someone is going to be a new cockholster over there !!

We already know that Thornton gives it to HDR, but doesn't have the decency to give him a reach-around.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#20]
http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209925
deisel looks like he is gonna mount a new head on his wall
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Thats ballsy biting the hand that feeds you, and just stupid.

I see a whole lotta memberships ending here:
blog.kempleton.com/remarkable/archive/toilet.jpg

That's a nasty toilet pic, click if you want to see it-Aimless

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#22]
How long will this post last?

Avtomat Kalashnikov 101

Look, up in the sky!! Is it is bird? Is it a plane? No!! It's Super
Assclown!!

This is nothing but a pathetic extortion attempt which I'm sure
will go a long ways towards putting this website in the toilet.

Oh, they'll be a few kneepad wearers wanting to join your
circle-jerkfest but in reality what you've done is paved the
way for your website's demise.

Good riddance, you pompous Jackass!!!

My 2-cents <-- closest you'll ever get to extorting $$ from me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#24]
If there is one thing I absolutely can't stand its con artists. As far artists go, these guys seem to be painting by numbers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#26]
The ship is taking in water and the fools are about to follow their captain to the bottom.  I wonder what the next scheme will be to keep the ship afloat?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209925

I wouldn't wait (6) weeks!

Read  this thread.  It shows who the gun nuts ball lickers are...

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210048

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuck that site, fuck the ball huggers that suck up to the admins. They're all retarded.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I just goes from worse to worse over there.

Once they start charging for browsing the classifieds i will go out in a blaze of glory.

Already killed the IMs'

Infantry, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
You need to Upgrade your Membership Membership Upgrade Center

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's my e-mail to them tonight:

Please remove me from your membership roster, ban me or whatever it is that will keep me from continuing to be a member of your site in the future. I think your "changes" to the site are unreasonable and came out of the blue. Your request for Memebership by taking away priveleges amounts to extortion, that I refuse to be a part of. I will not return to this site, and I will tell others not to visit this site due to the "new rules." Instead of increasing your membership, I feel you will reduce it with these strongarm tactics. good ridance and goodbye

archer2
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a headache!

DUMBTHOR wrote:

There is no right way to no any of this but friend I have had a belly for of it from this end. You want to read and see ENTITLEMENT, why don't you see it from my end for a week here as an Admin. I guarantee you will see how entitled non paying self centered members treat this website and take advatage of my staff and other contributing members. They have to have this right now this very minute or else.... and not even a freaking "thank You" after the fact.

No sir entitlement is a one way street my friend. Management and myself made this decision and we will stick by it. Remember we have been doing this for over 8 years guy. I think no I know most folks who are regulars saw the writing on the wall. Nothing is free in the world, yeah there are plenty hobby gun boards but this is the best out there. We have the best servers, the best website security and the best group of members.

jaymac99, I am sure there are many reasons for you being here and I hope you stay around.

GNS
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll sum it up in 2 words.  I have been a member of gunsnet longer than i have here and I have 16 posts there and over 400 here, that should tell you something.

oh and im a paying member here too

well make that 35 words
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Stopped over there to take a peek tonight - that place is definitely going down the crapper in flames.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
DUMBTHOR wrote:

Nothing is free in the world, yeah there are plenty hobby gun boards but this is the best out there. We have the best servers, the best website security and the best group of members.

Oh my!  Dillusions of grandeur.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#36]
having no search at all is like sitting down to take a shit in a public restroom...and glancing over at the toilet paper roll which is surrounded by armor and has a coin slot next to it :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I cant even access the link now
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, I'll tell ya.  I've been a member there a good long while, 4+ years.  But this latest thing is just BS.  It's like paying for pussy.  Why pay when there is plenty for free.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Well, it didn't take Dick InHale very long to delete that account.   Geez, was it
something I said??  

His loss really.  Hell,  I was just about to fax this $20 over to him:  hug.gif

http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421563289/6/600/402.jpg

Quoted:
How long will this post last?

Avtomat Kalashnikov 101

Look, up in the sky!! Is it is bird? Is it a plane? No!! It's Super
Assclown!!

This is nothing but a pathetic extortion attempt which I'm sure
will go a long ways towards putting this website in the toilet.

Oh, they'll be a few kneepad wearers wanting to join your
circle-jerkfest but in reality what you've done is paved the
way for your website's demise.

Good riddance, you pompous Jackass!!!

My 2-cents <-- closest you'll ever get to extorting $$ from me.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Man, some of those guys are hitting the Kool Aid real hard and/or they have well worn kneepads.  Wow, they will be soon adding a spell checker.  I wonder if it will crash the first time the "extortionist" tries to use it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:09:58 AM EDT
[#41]
A spell checker over there would consume ALL the bandwidth when those pole smokers post!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:14:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:01:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Nothing worth going there anymore for except to see JOEKEN's latest screwup.

You have to be quick, the Gunsnet staff delete those threads fast!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#44]
They turned the private messages and search features back on for everyone.  I'm sure it was to stop people from leaving.  Last night the total number of people viewing that site was 290 when I left.  I had NEVER seen it go that low in the several months I was there.  They had a choice, lose half our membership?  Or turn back on some BASIC features for free that are commonplace on message boards.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#47]
www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210048

If you are having problems in the following areas below, it is because we have rolled back the privileges, so Registered Members can no longer:

Cannot Edited posts
Post pictures
Play Arcades
Cannot use Signatures

It was:

use Private Messages
Cannot Edited posts
Post pictures
Play Arcades
Cannot use SEARCH feature
Cannot view other members profile
Cannot use Signatures
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#48]
I think the damage is already done over there. I usually go there, then here. As a fairly new user here, I have found quite a bit more here. I don't think I will be going there much, if at all, anymore. Everything I could do there, I can do better here.

bob
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Remember we have been doing this for over 8 years guy.

this is the one that kills meI've been over their for 6+ year and remember when he took it over. And no why in hell has it been 8 year..
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#50]

lmfao.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top