Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/14/2006 9:38:23 AM EDT
I have been searching lately for a AK47 and I came across a GP WASR 10 "new in box" for $319.00
I have searched here and it seems like a good deal and the rifle seems like a good starter AK. Can you guys on the AK side let me know if I should jump on this? I am normally on the AR side of the board and need a little of help. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The price ain't bad. I don't think it's a jumper but It's a good price and It's got the classic AK look for a very low price. If you decide to upgrade and you want to sell it, your not going to loose very much money as long as it has the barel threading on it. Good deal.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I was in the same boat as you two months ago, but I opted to get a SAR-1.

$319 is a good asking price for a WASR, being that the normal price I see at guns shows and stores are about $380-$400.

Just check to make sure the sights are not canted, that the magazine well wasn't opened up to much when Century convereted them to a High Capacity AK, I usually put a Magazine in and see how much it wobbles, some are bad and some are pretty tight.

This is all information that I've gathered from other members on this site. And from this site which I think is great.
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/model.htm#wasr10gp

I hope this helps. But I'm also a AR guy, who crossed over to the dark side and I've loved every minute of it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
$319.99 is pretty good deal, make him an offer for $300.00.  Good luck!

~Here is my WASR10 found for $275.00 ~ post ban though. ~ it's my bump firing slut.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help! I looked at the Arsenal brand and I just don't want to spend the $$. I would rather get something cheaper and just spend the extra $$ on ammo and junk like that.  Any other options or opinions you guys can think of I would appreciate it!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top