Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/19/2006 12:14:50 AM EDT
Hey everyone

I am trying to find some information concerning how a GP-30 firing mechanism works. Does anyone have any drawings or detailed information on the subject. I have no intention of building a grenade launcher but I am interested in how the unit fires and is loaded compared to that of the m203.

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/gp_left.jpg

Thanks

Ian
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#1]
well one of the main differance's between the GP-30 and the M203 is the fact that the gernades used in the GP-30 are caseless. as far as the way the firing mechanism works i think its pretty simple guessing..

pulling the trigger probably compresses the firing pin spring untel it hits full back then it release's.. thats just my guess...

i would love to get my hands on one is say 37mm and see about working out some flares, smoke rounds for it... but damn their spendy..

Jess
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info

I would really like to find some diagrams showing actual dimentions of the firing mechanism.

yeah they are spendy but in the U.S. they are also illegal to import even if they are deactivated since they are not up to BATF specs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Another major difference is that, unlike the M-203,  the are loaded from the muzzle.

Here's a link I had bookmarked:

world.guns.ru/grenade/gl05-e.htm

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
can we buy demilled ones anywhere?  id love one
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
can we buy demilled ones anywhere?  id love one

There is a place in the UK advertising De-mills but the ATF has blocked any US imports.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Oleg@Rusmilitary has em..............

Fucking US de-mil laws.............sigh
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
it baffles me...something is demilled..why block the importation of it!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
it baffles me...something is demilled..why block the importation of it!

They are not deactivated enough. Basically the firing pin is trimmed, and some small holes drilled in the barrel. Thats it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, and with the number of active, surplus grenade's I see laying around for it at gunshows, I can see where demilling it is a good idea......
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#10]
What shows do you attend and see active grenade's? I have never seen any explosive device for sale in VA gunshows. Are they registered DD's?

Ian
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What shows do you attend and see active grenade's? I have never seen any explosive device for sale in VA gunshows. Are they registered DD's?

Ian

I do believe that is what we call "sarcasm"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#12]
oh right sorry didnt catch that lol. ...

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know anything about the GP-30 but I have slammed my finger in an M-203 a few times causing it to bleed pretty good. It sounds like a stupid thing to do and simple enough  to avoid, but in a fire fight with the adrenaline going and lobbing multiple rounds it happens easily.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top