Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/24/2002 7:04:59 PM EDT
www.solsticearms.com/gallery/index.html

What the hell is this thing?

What the hell is a NGM in .223? That non-threaded FSB peeves me big time. Mao would have used the real thing....unless there was a reason why it was done with an adaptor...or maybe Mao isn't seeing it very well.

Irregardless, I like the Weigers + AK in .223.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
if i get a bulgarian kit for xmas, im sooooo sending it to Gary to be built with one of his recievers. by the time he finishes it, i'll be 18
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
if i get a bulgarian kit for xmas, im sooooo sending it to Gary to be built with one of his recievers. by the time he finishes it, i'll be 18

dude, my kids will be 18 by that time
and i dont have any yet!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what it is. There is an NGM-81 Hungarian AK in .223, the book I've got shows one with a standard muzzle (threaded, not the fsb), and the funky Hungarian "I" grip.

Only guess..customized SAR3??
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 5:15:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Irregardless - adj. A substandard or humorous  redundency for Regardless.

Mr. Websters position, not mine.  My wife uses that word 20 times a day.

Am I really seeing the break right? Can you really see right through it (the horizontal slot) where the break meets the FSB.  Shouldn't there be some barrel in there?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Am I really seeing the break right? Can you really see right through it (the horizontal slot) where the break meets the FSB.  Shouldn't there be some barrel in there?

I think that's the reflection from the flash.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I thought about that, but it looked too symetrical to be a flash.  Your probably right.

Rot, I was just having fun with ya'.  My pet peeve is syntax. My mother-in-law is always saying "So I goes........"  Drives me crazy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought about that, but it looked too symetrical to be a flash.  Your probably right.

Rot, I was just having fun with ya'.  My pet peeve is syntax. My mother-in-law is always saying "So I goes........"  Drives me crazy.

...You're probably right...
:)
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted: Am I really seeing the break right? Can you really see right through it (the horizontal slot) where the break meets the FSB.  Shouldn't there be some barrel in there?

YEAH EXACTLY. I wanted to say the same damn thing. It may just be a reflection from the camera flash though, IRREGARDLESS .

Hey Rotdorn, why don't you be an English teacher? Are the krauts and pollocks from Ohio qualified enough? j/k

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, guys, that's MY underfolder with the "before" and "after" photos in the middle column on the far righthand side! I'm famous!

Link Posted: 11/25/2002 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't mind if I ask, but what's the difference between the before and after? Did you just have it refinished and polished up?

You need your Mao bayonet on there at all times for prole pimping too dammit!

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#13]
The first picture is like my rifle, Norinco 84s with the standard stock, not folding. The caliber .223

I'm looking for a 5rd magazine for my norico 84, would you know where to purchase one from?

thanks
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Don't mind if I ask, but what's the difference between the before and after? Did you just have it refinished and polished up?

Yeah. It was "rougher than a cob" to begin with. Gary polished the scratches out of the metal surfaces before re-bluing it to a dark finish. He took photos of it with wooden furniture before swapping it all out for the black Bulgarian thermoset that is currently on it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top