Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2003 8:39:48 PM EDT
Hey guys.  I'm looking to buy an AK... probably a SAM-7 carbine.

Since I don't care for the all black look on an AK, I'll definately be getting some wood furniture.

Question is... is a furniture swap simple?  Obviously the stock and pistol grip are pretty mindless, but how about the front handguards?

Just don't want to buy one then find out I'll need to have someone else do it for me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It's all pretty easy. The lower handguard is as easy--if not easier than the pistol grip and buttstock. The upper handguard is the most dificult prospect of the whole set. Should be a tacked thread in the AK abc's forum, if nothing else a tutorial at Linx310's Romanian AK site tacked in the Rom. forum should do the trick. Some uppers swap as if they were made to be swapped, others are tricky. Once you've done it...it's as simple as the rest.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck finding wood furniture that matches. Not sure where you are going to buy from but I'd make sure to pay the extra for hand pick.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd get a Bulgarian AK-47 furniture from K-var.  It will all match and look good on a SAM7.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
For those who prefer to finish their own high quality wood www.ironwooddesigns.com/2Aprodpage/1zAKproduct.html

BUt the Bulgy wood in my 74 kit is great right out of the box.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top