Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/9/2002 11:19:38 PM EDT
Well the title says it all. I went all over the net looking, and the closest thing to what I want is tantal's background LOL. That isn't good enough though. I see books for sale and CD's to order, but who knows what's in those, besides I'd like it now and not 2 weeks later when they decide to ship the book.

Do you know where to find this stuff?

I don't want to do anything illegal, I just want to make sure all of this went togeather right before I ruin something. BTW, it seems to operate by hand fine.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure your class III dealer will gladly help you when you fill out the proper forms.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:39:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Campy, I'm really just wanting to see a cut away view, because this is one AKM I'm not cutting on, so no need for measurments.  I'm just not sure about a few things that feel loose, or just don't look right, but they seem to be OK.

Campy, and RotDorn - you have both suggested that I send it off, and I will ASAP.  I figure since I already bought the FA repair kit that I might as well play a little.  I feel that I'm of sound enough judgement to not do something dangerous.  Then just as soon as I collect the needed parts (bbl, carrier, bolt, the proper FA parts, etc.) I'll send it off.  Or atleast that's the plan as of now. Do you guys think that this INRANGE smith has good parts in stock? One way or another it will see a professional.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I borrowed some guages from a friend quite a while ago (go, nogo, wish I had field). I have used them, and it seems a little bit loose, but within spec.

I guess I should return those guages and buy some LOL.

I appriciate all the help and advice here guys!

All the internals seem to work well by hand and I'm tempted to give it a whirl, but I think common sense has gotten the better of me. I'll send it off as soon as my card stops smoking.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top