Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 11:33:14 PM EDT
I would like to replace the plastic on the upper guard with wood.
How do you loosen the ends so the swap can be made?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:33:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2008 10:33:20 AM EDT by dfariswheel]
Here's a site that shows how to remove the upper hand guard:

Look under the Tutorials on the lower left for "Furniture Removal".


Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:23:50 PM EDT
You don't loosen the ends to remove the HG. You rotate the HG 180 degrees and let it fall free. The best way is to grip the gas tube with a smooth-jaw, adjustable wrench at the point where the tube meets the sight block. Then rotate the HG with your other hand. Same steps for re-installing.
Top Top