Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:48:35 PM EDT
I have read that a lot of the Romanian rifles were assembled quickly and sometimes in a sloppy fashion and I think I might have one. This gun has had absolutely no issues other that the front sight post is a little crooked. It is accurate but I wanted to straighten it out. I asseblied the sight adjustment tool from the butt stock and went to work remove and rethread the post in correctly. Apparently this thing is seriously cross threaded. The top part of the sight post snapped off and now I cant get anything strong enough in there to back the remainder of the sight off. Any suggestions on removing this thing? SHould I consider get the whole front block taken off and replaced? TIA
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, post is still stuck in the base. I have tried many different small pliers such as needle nose and the like, but they arent strong enough and keep bending. The elevation tool is now to rounded/worn out and wont grab the remainder of the post well enough. It is hard to get anything strong in there because of the sight hood.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I will try to obtain that type of tool and try that. Assuming that I get it out only to find that the threads are destroyed, how hard is it to replace the whole front sight block?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I will try to obtain that type of tool and try that. Assuming that I get it out only to find that the threads are destroyed, how hard is it to replace the whole front sight block?
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top