Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 12:05:05 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I've got a couple questions concerning the front sight base, the front sigt post, and excessive windage.

I've got (5) AKs, of those (2) have a centered front sight post, (1) is slightly to the left, (1) is extreemly to the left, and the last (1) is extreemly to the right.

Is there a fix for the extreem windage?  I would like the front sight post as centered as possible.  Is this a front sight base problem, a barrel problem, just the way some AKs are?

Thanks

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
In my very limited experince, I see more canted FSBs than any other problem. As you stated it can be anything from the barrel trunion crooked with receiver shell, rear sight base askew, FSB askew, and on some cheapo kits I have seen a bent barrel. I can be all of the above also I suppose.

Take off the upper hand guard, and look it over with the old MOD I eyeball, you should be able to see the misaligned parts.

FSBs can be fixed by driving out the pins, straightening the sight base, and reassembling with over sized pins and redrilling, or peening our welding up the former slots for the pins.

If the rifle shoots to POA, I personally would not worry about it one bit. Its not like you are going to dope in windage with the AK sights.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top