Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2008 5:14:03 PM EDT
Hello gents,

Been spending a lot of time behind my new PSL.  Rifle came with a 4 power Romy scope.  VERY bright and clear -- much higher quality that the six power Russian scope that I have.

Spent more time at the range this week and side-by-side, out to three hundred yards, very little difference between the two scopes.  Groups sizes were pretty much the same.

But . . . when shooting at four and five hundred yards I noticed the six power scope was much easier to use.  Group sizes were also smaller with the six power -- guess the 12 inch bullseye was much easier to see and to line-up the chevrons.

So . . . here's the question: my local club has a six hundred yard range -- with about an extra 50 yards before the back-stop.  Would it be worth the extra cost (approx $200 or so) to invest in a new Russian eight power scope ? ?  Would an eight power scope help with the group sizes, vs the six power out to 500 and 600 yards? ?

Thoughts ? ?

Thanks ! !
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello RS,

Thanks for the offer ! !  

Spent a little time at Tusco today.  With surplus Polish light ball, this thing is a DREAM ! !   Out at 600 yards it was easy to shoot five shot groups that measured just under ten inches.  I would say that's pretty good for a gas-gun using surplus ammo.  

With an eight power scope I thought it might be easier to line-up the chevron on the 12 inch bullseye.  I really believe this rifle will do a man-sized target out at 800 yards -- maybe a little more.  

If I do get an eight power, I would order a Russian scope -- just so it looks like it should -- this making any sense ? ? ?

M-1 Shoot next Sunday.  If you can, it would be greatly appreciated if you'd bring your scope along.

Thanks again ! !

Link Posted: 4/20/2008 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top