Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:48:03 PM EDT
Was looking for sidefolders a while ago and came across this site. Emailed the owner and he said he was out of stock and didn't know when he would get more. I got an email this weekend that he got 100s that are ready to ship. I ordered one that shipped today. href=folders
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, mine will be here today. I seen two other places has them in stock too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats better-The ROMY or east german?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
i remember a couple of months ago nobody could find any....now look what's happened??????
i seriously look for a bunch of AMD-65's to suddenly appear
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i remember a couple of months ago nobody could find any....now look what's happened??????

For some reason, I believe you.  You know what they say...ask and you shall receive.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]

and yes after seeing this........i will not sleep tonight!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Still cheaper on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Still cheaper on gunbroker.

Even cheaper here
www.fgsky.com/ak47.htm
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For some reason, I believe you.  You know what they say...ask and you shall receive.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/knobcreek/IMG_5011.jpg

the slant break on the bottom AMD is on upside down.

i would love to see a ton of amd-65s appear out of nowhere. i would love to grab them up quick and build a junkload of them, but- alas, i think the barrel ban has done that away. atleast i've got my one sole amd.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, the barrel was looking kindda naked, so I quickly put the slant break on there just to protect the threads while I had it in storage.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah, the barrel was looking kindda naked, so I quickly put the slant break on there just to protect the threads while I had it in storage.

gotcha ;p

you built them up yet or you still waiting?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm actually trying to decide what format I want to build them up to be.  I've got a pistol trunion for one, so I may take that approach with the one on the bottom.  The middle one already has the 4.5" barrel extension spot welded into place, but don't know if I want to go folder or all wood furniture on it (maybe go for a AMD63 look-alike)  The top, I think I'll just add a barrel extension and build it up as is.  Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#12]
BTW, what the major differences between the AMD 63 and the 65?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
BTW, what the major differences between the AMD 63 and the 65?

AMD-63 has a regular AKM length barrel (16+") & a standard gas piston.  The AMD-65 has a shorter (12.5" IIRC) barrel & the gas system (tube, piston) is quite a bit shorter.  Plus the obvious difference that the AMD-63 has a fixed stock & the AMD-65 has a wire "T" side folder.

I'm considering building my AMD-65 with a standard fixed stock rear block & using a Romanian/East German side folder so I can swap it out to a fixed stock if the notion strikes me.    
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top