Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:23:30 PM EDT
I have 2 kits from Scottgull ordered, 1 shipped yesterday and the other will be shipping in the next few weeks. I know for sure I will build ONE of the kits, however since we're no longer going to get ANY foreign made replacement barrels, should I sell of one of the kits as parts minus the Bolt and barrel, and keep those two as replacements should my barrel wear out?

ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
No.

Build it
Sell it
or
Keep it

You would have to work really really really ridicullisly hard to actually shoot the barrel out (100K rounds?)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:28:23 AM EDT
[#2]
barrel wear on out an AK? ... i don't know if thats possible in a semi-auto... and if you do manage to wear that barrel out, you can afford to send me some ammo
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
barrel wear on out an AK? ... i don't know if thats possible in a semi-auto... and if you do manage to wear that barrel out, you can afford to send me some ammo

I hear about lots of AK part kits coming into the country with poor barrels, so it must not be too undoable.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]

I hear about lots of AK part kits coming into the country with poor barrels, so it must not be too undoable.

Ben

That's from neglect.  Not cleaning up after using corrosive ammo.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top