Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2005 12:17:03 PM EDT
I stumbled across a book about Afghanistan the other day and as I started reading it, the book about Charlie Wilson came to mind.This one was written by the Pakistani Brigadier in charge of operations in Afghanistan from 1983 to 1987."Afghanistan,The Bear Trap"is a great book and gives alot more details about operations against the Soviets.I think you'll find it as interesting as I do.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant read Who has time to read anyway with all these damn AK kits laying around, i dont even have time to sleep, hell i'm dreaming of new guns and kits while i'm sleeping anyway, Read? I'll have to check out this Brear trap book, i guess i could squeeze in a few paragraphs while i'm squeezing out a few, well anyways... The bathroom is where i read
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I cant read Who has time to read anyway with all these damn AK kits laying around, i dont even have time to sleep, hell i'm dreaming of new guns and kits while i'm sleeping anyway, Read? I'll have to check out this Brear trap book, i guess i could squeeze in a few paragraphs while i'm squeezing out a few, well anyways... The bathroom is where i read

LOL,I just finished a chapter myself!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup I've read the book. Although Charlie Wilson is a real dope in the book..

HK
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL,I just finished a chapter myself!

Too much information on my part but wayyyyyyy too much info on yours...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
i read charlie wilson's war. good book, but i came away not really knowing what to think. the guy seemed like a total loser that just happened to have a lot of people pick up the slack for him. the author seems to hold charlie up as a romantic, flawed hero. i would like to read something else that is a little less biased.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I enjoyed Charlie Wilsons War greatly. Got a laugh out all that newly made .303 ammo we were supplying them. Explains where all that surplus 303 came from!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i read charlie wilson's war. good book, but i came away not really knowing what to think. the guy seemed like a total loser that just happened to have a lot of people pick up the slack for him. the author seems to hold charlie up as a romantic, flawed hero. i would like to read something else that is a little less biased.

Try "Afghanistan,The Bear Trap",it tells the story from the Pakistani Commanders point of view and goes into detail on the events leading up to and the invasion itself.The author talks about the CIAs first aquisition of an AK 74,they paid 5000.00 for a captured rifle and he also goes in depth on the first kills with Stinger missles.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top