Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 4:26:54 PM EDT
I was just perusing the RRC Firearms website and saw that they have a selection of harder-to-find Russian mags.  Lools like they have:

Tula-marked Plum 74 mags
Izhmash Bakelite 47 mags (some with Cyrillic markings)
Izhmash Steel-slabbed 47 mags
VYATKA (Molot) 45rd Bakelites

These are expensive (I ain't buying any!), but if you're a collector and want these, here they are.  

I bought a rifle from RRC last year.  They are good to go.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, those prices are full retard.  For you guys willing to take a chance, you can get most of those from soviet-military.com for about 30% of those prices.  It's a Ukranian vendor, so there is a little risk with customs problems... I've never had a problem though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are pretty expensive...ouch

Still, someone may be looking and not care about the price. I've happily paid $95 for true black 74 mags because they just don't grow on trees. At least they are there and sometimes not finding them is the worst part, not the price when you do.

Z
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Wow, those prices are full retard.  For you guys willing to take a chance, you can get most of those from soviet-military.com for about 30% of those prices.  It's a Ukranian vendor, so there is a little risk with customs problems... I've never had a problem though.

Not anymore, rumor is Vlad went to jail for exporting without a license.

ETA - Those prices are full fucking retard.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol.. nice.  Didn't know that, it's been a few months since I ordered anything from him.

Looks like he or someone removed all the mags from the site.  Oh well, haha
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow...those prices are full retard. I bought all mine from Ussronline on ebay when they were selling them as Airsoft for a fraction of that price.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Still, someone may be looking and not care about the price. I've happily paid $95 for true black 74 mags because they just don't grow on trees. At least they are there and sometimes not finding them is the worst part, not the price when you do.

Z

That was my thinking.  Some people would pay a premium for guaranteed delivery of a magazine they really wanted, as opposed to paying a cheaper price overseas, waiting a month and then probably getting it if everything goes right with both nations' customs.

I'm not in the market for any of these magazines myself, but if I had a particular prized rifle that was just needing one of these mags to be complete, I probably wouldn't think twice about paying up.  Especially if I already had a lot of money into the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:47:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was just perusing the RRC Firearms website and saw that they have a selection of harder-to-find Russian mags.  Lools like they have:

Tula-marked Plum 74 mags

These are expensive (I ain't buying any!), but if you're a collector and want these, here they are.  

Remember that RRC charges a 3% "maintenance fee" on you order. That info doesn't pop up until check out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tula-marked Plum 74 mags

3% maintenance fee?  I love how retailers charge a fee to make it easier for them to collect payment.  At least build it in to your prices so you aren't slammed with it after you enter your CC info.

We need to find who this buster is getting them from.  

Remember that RRC charges a 3% "maintenance fee" on you order. That info doesn't pop up until check out.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:58:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I just bought a Polish UF from then and am very happy with it and them. I would like to have some bakelite but I wouldnt be willing to spend that much.

I will continue to be happy with my regular ol steel ones.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#10]
They sure are proud of them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How is that I got an email from in Dec 10.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

How is that I got an email from in Dec 10.

There was a thread about this a couple months ago.

I vaguely recall someone claiming that those emails were not originating from Vlad himself, but rather a business associate.  But I don't remember what the deal was.  That thread is probably in the archives.  Regardless, ordering mags from overseas requires dealing in the "grey market", and it's probably not a good idea to place an order for more money than you're willing to lose should something go wrong.

Jtrout – I agree, that 3% extra fee stinks.  But it’s clearly disclosed on the “Ordering” tab at the top of their website.  In this industry, it’s not uncommon for FFL's to tack on a 3% fee for anything other than a cash payment.  Atlantic Firearms does this, Bud’s Gun Shop does this, J&G Sales does it, etc.  There are a few shops like Aim Surplus that don’t charge extra for credit card orders, but that is probably the exception rather than the rule for Internet FFL’s.  I think dealers do this because they have a set % of profit baked into the asking price.  If someone pays with a card, that takes away 3% of that baked-in profit.  And so, they pass that cost onto customers.

I would agree though, that listing “the price you’ll actually pay” is preferable.  Most other industries, and even some other FFL’s, manage to do this without issue.    
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#14]
How could an AK mag cost more than a scar 17  mag? :)
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]
the guns prices look to be ok
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Z

How many do you want?

Kidding, I got nothing but Izh plums and Bulgy circle 10's.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They are collectors items and thus considered rare.  There are individuals that will pay high dollar for items that are not normally available.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Stuff that is scarce as well as out of production will always cost more than something that is still in production.

I have a rifle that takes mags that sell for $200+
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:26:17 AM EDT
[#19]
bought mine from a guy on gunbroker - bakelite AK-47 mags.  Came out to about $100 for 3 IIRC

got the mag bodies first, then springs/followers/floor plates about 3 weeks later.

They shipped from Kharkov which I thought was pretty cool (read the forgotten soldier)

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol.. nice.  Didn't know that, it's been a few months since I ordered anything from him.

He removed them a while ago, right when I was going to place a big order.  I emailed him and he said that customs was making it too hard to ship mags out but that he hoped to have them available again at some point.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He removed them a while ago, right when I was going to place a big order.  I emailed him and he said that customs was making it too hard to ship mags out but that he hoped to have them available again at some point.

Still waiting for some from April last year!!!!!!! Tula AK74 mags!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone know where to find some 30rnd 5.45 Russian Bakelites..

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone know where to find some 30rnd 5.45 Russian Bakelites..

Gunbroker. Again, you will pay out the ass for those. Better off with E German bakelites.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top